Valley tray.

-

71valiant

Make fast, break, repeat.
Reaction score
I was skimming through Mancini and I was curious if getting a lifter valley tray was worth it? What do you guys think? I was either thinking valley tray or windage tray. Of course I'm looking for whichever one will give more power.

A windage tray will free up more power IMO, however, the valley tray is less than $30 and should be ordered with it. An easy and simple install, the valley tray will keep hot oil off the intake further keep the air and fuel cool..

(If it is a MoPar tray, open the louvers up alot.)

Also guys the valley tray will keep the lifters in thier bores upon a bent pushrod or in case of pushrod failure. Which will maintain oil pressure, and oil pressure is a good thing to have. Terry.

headsbikesmopars said:
Also guys the valley tray will keep the lifters in thier bores upon a bent pushrod or in case of pushrod failure. Which will maintain oil pressure, and oil pressure is a good thing to have. Terry.

That's why I would run one. I had bent a pushrod, if it wasn't for the valley pan I would have lost my oil pressure. It kept the lifter in its bore. I recommend one!

Fred B

Thanks for the info guys. I currently have my heads and intake off. How does the valley tray install?

Easy as pie, just look at it and it will explain itself, or should.

I think the MoPar pan is fine for a few things. But if your stepping up to the plate on a higher than ave. level, then a whole oiling system for Milodon or equal should be looked at. They also have windage trays.

o i didnt know it would help maintain oil pressure in the case of a bent push rod, thanks for the tip guys, i will look into getting one :toothy7:

-
Back