Valve adjustment card !!

-

SS Lancer

Reaction score
Are these still relevant with the split duration camshafts of today ???
Thank ya
Thank ya
Very much !!

20210911_202717.jpg

Ya mean I can’t get an app for my phone to do it automatically? You actually have to “do” something? Hmmmm that’s a strange concept.

I’m sure they still work as the base circle is still in the same place. I have not seen a decal like that in years. I had one on my fender in high school and my 340 had hydraulic non adjustable rockers. Just looked cool and was like $3.00 at the dealer.

I had one on the firewall of the Super Gas 67 Barracuda in my avatar cause I thought it was a good idea. After messing with trying to use it again a few times, I ignored it.

Are these still relevant with the split duration camshafts of today ???
Thank ya
Thank ya
Very much !!

View attachment 1715789438
That one is for bigger duration cams, adjusting 2 valves every 90 degrees rotation. The other MP chart is for everything else, adjusting 4 valves every 90 degrees rotation. Of course you, we all know that. Never had a problem using either. Pretty fool proof. Use it, check/set them that way always to be consistent not doing it willy nilly or inconsistently. Stay on top of any changes to lash checking things at the same point on the lobes. Rotate the crank to line the mark on the balancer with the timing cover every 90 degrees and check 2 or 4 valves. Not seeing what the issue is here, other than laziness with rotating the engine over every 90 degrees :rolleyes:

That one is for bigger duration cams, adjusting 2 valves every 90 degrees rotation. The other MP chart is for everything else, adjusting 4 valves every 90 degrees rotation. Of course you, we all know that. Never had a problem using either. Pretty fool proof. Use it, check/set them that way always to be consistent not doing it willy nilly or inconsistently. Stay on top of any changes to lash checking things at the same point on the lobes. Rotate the crank to line the mark on the balancer with the timing cover every 90 degrees and check 2 or 4 valves. Not seeing what the issue is here, other than laziness with rotating the engine over every 90 degrees :rolleyes:

Thank you.- bought these years ago and laminated them at work for future reference

What ever works for you. I never liked it. I do cylinder at a time. Never missed one that way.

What ever works for you. I never liked it. I do cylinder at a time. Never missed one that way.
Exactly. Ultimately Whatever works. My point really is that it will always be consistent as you’re checking the valves with the lifter at the same point on the cam lobes using the balancer marks. It is accurate for monitoring things. :)

Exactly. Ultimately Whatever works. My point really is that it will always be consistent as you’re checking the valves with the lifter at the same point on the cam lobes using the balancer marks. It is accurate for monitoring things. :)
Yes sir - all that comes with the solid lifter and like u said if done periodically as it should be u will find potential issues early.

I run a Romac like that . But if I knew it was chrome I wouldn't have bought it ! Its like staring into a mirror with a strobe light pointed at the mirror !
Who thought that was a great idea ?
I just painted mine black and etched the marks by hand afterward .

I run a Romac like that . But if I knew it was chrome I wouldn't have bought it ! Its like staring into a mirror with a strobe light pointed at the mirror !
Who thought that was a great idea ?
I just painted mine black and etched the marks by hand afterward .
I bought it because it was priced right and barely used / those Aussies took our place with quality
I have other Mopar performance one not sure which one I will use

I have two good balancers and will be marked properly for this purpose

View attachment 1715789479

View attachment 1715789480

I bought it because it was priced right and barely used / those Aussies took our place with quality

Oh it's definately a quality unit .I just never thought about the shiny finish until I went to time it .
I run their billet timing set as well .

It has the BLING FACTOR going on just like the ugly *** Red Msd cap
Many folks must have the bling
I wonder if people know u can buy a Black MSD cap ??.

I told my son that there are only 2 places you add extra chrome to a car.... the valve stems and the rings (chrome-moly ) .... lol

Lash chart.
The four position method is ok for cams up to 290 @ 050 duration. Bigger than this should use the eight position method in post #1.

Lash chart.
The four position method is ok for cams up to 290 @ 050 duration. Bigger than this should use the eight position method in post #1.

think chrysler said that too .
Altho we used the 4 pos. method on a 785 lift cam dynamics roller , had no problems , -except traction.

-
Back