HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
hey guys

I lost a belt on the duster the other day and she ran lot for a few minutes

this was about a week ago

then today, I noticed one of my valve cover was wet on the bottom
I cleaned them up and checked the bolts
turned out they were all a little loose

is this a common issue, or would running it hot have caused this?

use rubber gaskets and blue thread locker on the bolts

You guys have a part number for those?
I think I had a set of rubber once, but I could not get them to seal on my aluminum valve covers

thanks guys

how about loctiteing in some studs, and using lock nuts on them.
now theres a good idea

I tightened them up and drove for maybe 30 miles
if it does the trick, ill let it be
if not, ill order the fellpros and go with the studs

Little green men in a flyin saucer came from another galaxy to loosen yours and yours only valve cover bolts.

Get these bad boys right here. They will be the LAST small block valve cover gaskets you ever buy. They are steel core rubber laminated and are reusable. You will be an old geezer and your car will be a rusted out POS in the back yard. But the valve covers won't be leakin.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-5249581/overview/make/dodge

Little green men in a flyin saucer came from another galaxy to loosen yours and yours only valve cover bolts.

Get these bad boys right here. They will be the LAST small block valve cover gaskets you ever buy. They are steel core rubber laminated and are reusable. You will be an old geezer and your car will be a rusted out POS in the back yard. But the valve covers won't be leakin.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-5249581/overview/make/dodge

The Moroso 93050 gaskets are the same as those Mopars, and a bit cheaper too. Solved all my v/c leaks. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-93050/overview/

Either or. Those are the best kind. I mean......why wouldnt anybody want a valve cover gasket that wont leak and will last forever? Seems like a no brainer.

ya might want to check the oil pan bolts while your at it. new engine, new gaskets, all bolts should be checked after a few heat cycles.

ya might want to check the oil pan bolts while your at it. new engine, new gaskets, all bolts should be checked after a few heat cycles.

This ^^^^^^ SPECIALLY with cork.

I use corks, studs, and T-handles. Goop the cork to the valve covers and just reach down and check anytime.
lock tight ?! Not with adjustable rockers and solid lifters.
$60 for valve cover gaskets WOW ya'all can cyber spend some $$! LOL :realcrazy:

That''s 60 dollars for valve cover gaskets that NEVER leak and will last a lifetime. Worth every single penny.

Thank guys.....not my thread, but I'm gonna oder some right now for my build!

Jeff

The cheap *** Felpro cork don't leak on me. Nor do they loosen. Must be the little green man repellent I run.

They will a hundred years from now! you better spend the money just in case 5 owners down the line starts complaining that their valve covers leak? it'll be on you :realcrazy:
The cheap *** Felpro cork don't leak on me. Nor do they loosen. Must be the little green man repellent I run.

I use corks, studs, and T-handles. Goop the cork to the valve covers and just reach down and check anytime.
lock tight ?! Not with adjustable rockers and solid lifters.
$60 for valve cover gaskets WOW ya'all can cyber spend some $$! LOL :realcrazy:

You Loctite the studs to the heads (if you think its necessary). Then use nylon insert nuts ("esna" nuts) on the studs. They can't possibly vibrate loose, yet are still easy to remove.

just another vote for magnum heads that come with them! I think I would try magnum ones for under $20 on LA before I spent $60 on LA ones.....

-
Back