Valve Cover Caps

-

hoosierdaddy

Reaction score
I have a set of older Edelbrock aluminum valve covers that use twist on caps . These are old school and they have a thick casting and I can't find any caps that fit these . The newer caps on the market don't work . Does anyone know of a source for the correct caps ?

IMG_20181214_200528.jpg

I have a set of older Edelbrock aluminum valve covers that use twist on caps . These are old school and they have a thick casting and I can't find any caps that fit these . The newer caps on the market don't work . Does anyone know of a source for the correct caps ?

View attachment 1715297548
They look about the same as my mopar performance covers , found everything I need at Jegs and ebay. I did have to rework one for a pcv valve tho--

I have the thicker aluminum valve covers by M/T and the twist on fill caps were Napa.
Bought them for. Stock 74’ Dart 318 and fit really nice. A tad tight but no leaks and no issues.
I don’t have the part number but they were like $9.00 each.
Joe

I found stuff for my old eddy valve covers on amazon. In edelbrock wrapping nonetheless.

I believe edelbrock re-issued those valve covers. I would call summit and inquire about the cap. Im sure you can get it and it should be in stock.
I have some vintage NOS MT covers and the standard filler cap fit them perfect.

I had a set of edelbrocks on a javelin, I used Mr. gasket caps from O Riley's.

Thanks for all the suggestions , I think I will try some local places so I can take the VC with me and test fit . I bought a couple caps from Summet and with work I could probably make them work but they really look cheap against the VC's .

Bend the tabs on the caps

View attachment 1715297548
COME TO THINK OF IT, I HAVE A COUPLE OF MOPAR SCREW IN CHROME OIL BREATHERS I AM NOT USING SINCE I WENT TO A TOTAL PCV SYSTEM.

Disregard caps !

-
Back