valve cover clearance

-
little or no return ?? 60 cfm is no return ? :wack:
Hey famous Bob. Chrysler Australia also had another 4bbl carb option which was a whole second slower over the quarter mile compared to the weber carb option, go figure. But that's not what this thread was about.

Hey famous Bob. Chrysler Australia also had another 4bbl carb option which was a whole second slower over the quarter mile compared to the weber carb option, go figure. But that's not what this thread was about.

you must have your bobs mixed up, never owned a 6 cyl. or posted about one i don`t think!;)

Well here I am...all dressed up and the valve cover won't fit! lol We started drop the 440 back in my Duster last night and never gave ANY thought to the fact the new valve covers are taller than the stock ones...anyway true to this thread I have to figure something out. I really don't want to loose the blower motor if I can help it, but I am NOT modifying these valve covers...so I'm hopeful I can read through these threads and find an alternative.

See post 33 page 2. There's a link.
I was told that a 69-70 dodge p/u heater motor was the same diameter and shorter than the a body motors. have not verfied this myself tho----------bob

OK, I had this problem with my 440. I had M/T valve covers on and all I had to do was trim the lower 2 fins on the back for them to fit. However, I went to the Mopar Performance valve covers and they are a little higher than the M/T's and they would not go on. Since I do not drive this car except in warm weather, I removed the cage and motor and shortened the case and it fits fine now. The case that the blower motor fits in comes apart in 2 pieces. Split the case and take the inner out and it will give you a couple of inches and you don't even know it was done. You will not have a blower motor but like I said, if you only drive it in good weather, it doesn't matter. I will see if I can post up a pic of the finished motor.

here are some pics of the blower motor with the case shortened in the car and the clearance. If you need a little more light, I can re-take them. There is about 1-2 inches clearance between the valve cover and blower motor.

Attachments

• DSC06618 (Copy).jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC06619 (Copy).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC06620 (Copy).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 108
here are some pics of the blower motor with the case shortened in the car and the clearance. If you need a little more light, I can re-take them. There is about 1-2 inches clearance between the valve cover and blower motor.

Thank you!

Dave

-
Back