Valve Cover sealing problem with a stripped out bolt hole

-
awesome. Iv (actually my wife) has this faded purple Duster 360 and I have a 70 Coronet R/T and also building a 74 Ramcharger with a 440 and 1 ton axles under it. Not many Mopar people around here. I only know two (not including our local flipper who I’m cordial with, but try not to interact with)
I had the yellow '69 Barracuda (seen in the left column) but sold it months ago. I have no Mopars now but still visit the FABO site quite a lot to help other folks. I've had many Mopars in my life but now with kids all out of college I decided to take it easy....LOL. Don't know how you found a 440 down here in Chevyland???

Can you drill it and put a stich lock in there then drill and tap it? Just a thought.

I had the yellow '69 Barracuda (seen in the left column) but sold it months ago. I have no Mopars now but still visit the FABO site quite a lot to help other folks. I've had many Mopars in my life but now with kids all out of college I decided to take it easy....LOL. Don't know how you found a 440 down here in Chevyland???

I've only found 1 440 engine around here (from a preacher in Aransas Pass of all places and people)...all the mopar's I own came out of Central & North TX. I'm not a big fan of rusty junk...My Father-in-law in Central TX is the one who got me into this financially suffocating hobby :)

so you got water underneath it, and plan on putting a helicoil in it?
i wonder if all that will seal water tight?

if it were me, i would drill it out first and pound some sort of plug in it

(i remember ages ago i used to work at a place rebuilding small VW diesels. there was one particular block that was prone to cracking so we'd pound an alluminum plug in it and reroute the oil)

FYI, the Mopar cast aluminum valve covers are currently available under new part numbers for one individual cover, instead of two in a kit.
See Hughesengines.com for the old number and new number.
I bought the Magnum versions under their new part number.

so you got water underneath it, and plan on putting a helicoil in it?
i wonder if all that will seal water tight?

if it were me, i would drill it out first and pound some sort of plug in it

(i remember ages ago i used to work at a place rebuilding small VW diesels. there was one particular block that was prone to cracking so we'd pound an alluminum plug in it and reroute the oil)

I’m going to use a time sert rather than a helicoil. I’ll buy some ultra black RTV in the hole followed by a stud. It’ll be water tight.

-
Back