valve covers

-

Mopar Al

MOPAR AL
Reaction score
When I go to swap meets, etc. I totally refuse to ask, beg for a price. If no price I walk away. Posted here for old school valve covers. Several members posted the have them. I am happy for you that you do. However I don't, and wanted to buy them. When you tell me you have them, then a pic. and would be very convient. If you tell me you have them then nothing I will not beg for info. Thanks, Al

When I go to swap meets, etc. I totally refuse to ask, beg for a price. If no price I walk away. Posted here for old school valve covers. Several members posted the have them. I am happy for you that you do. However I don't, and wanted to buy them. When you tell me you have them, then a pic. and would be very convient. If you tell me you have them then nothing I will not beg for info. Thanks, Al
Valve covers for what?

You don't know, but you just made the list of not worthy of my time
Dang man, I don't get the attitude? He's a good guy and you do seem to be fired up for some reason. I understand some people replied to your want add without pics but is that really a reason to be a dick to everyone on the forum?

I don't have a problem asking how much someone wants for something.
I do it all the time. I'm also not above haggling for a better price.
I've sold things at swap meets (mostly mopar nats) without a price tag on them. But when you have a couple hundred things for sale and you're willing to bargain if asked, why would you tag things?
I know I'm not alone in that thought process.
You don't know what you could have had if you don't ask a question or two.

If I answer a want ad to your inbox with a pic, its like "how does this look to you?" If you like it, shoot me an offer. If you ask me for a price, i may tell you what I want for it but it may not be what your budget is. Usually its not posted for sale already because I dont need to sell it, so I may not be that motivated to sell it cheap, and who's not ever looking for a bargain? Here's a foolproof way to get what you want at the price you want. Post your offer when you post your want ad. "Looking for a 273 water pump housing with bolt on tab, $50" Im sure someone would chime in and say, "Hey, I got one on my wall not doing anything for me, I can let it go for $50.." Give it a try. Im going to try and use that for my next inquiry as its fair. If I dont get any hits, then I know Im lowballing it or no one has it.

The fun part about swap meets is the price haggling... I've made (and sold) some incredible deals by taking offers after a great conversation about what I'm buying/selling.

I realize it might be difficult to price everything but look at the other side of the coin. Carlisle is a huge area with a lot of walking. If you had to ask for a price on everything you might need or want it might take you several days to get through it. I'm in favor of pricing and you can still haggle over price. I've sold a lot of items at the Etown Mopar meet and I mark all items.

Maybe they are showing you what they have and waiting for you to make an offer...

Are you afraid of throwing out an offer in case he would have taken less for them??? If you are asking for them, then it shouldn't be a problem to ask how much they want or make an offer... Do you have problems following through and closing a deal???

If you drop the attitude and work with people, you may be more successful in your search....

Last edited:
People have different styles, some get satisfaction from haggling, others just want a fair price, the key to everything IMO is communication, it is an art/skill that makes all the difference in life and getting what you want. If everyone would work on and be open to communication it is a win-win.

The sellers I've talked to at swap meets say some don't price certain things because of the off chance a person walks up with more money than brains and says "will you take $$$$ for this", instead of asking "what will you take for this?" Also that if buyer sees an expensive price, they keep walking.

I find it comical for my entertainment anyways that if there's no price, lowball it and see what seller comes back with. Then work off of that inflated amount saying it's old, but not gold....then once seller either works with you or gets mad, then buy it or smile and walk away.

-
Back