Valve Lash Adjustment Interval?

-

abqphilbert

Reaction score
Does anyone know what Chrysler's recommendation was for valve adjustment intervals on the early small block engines with solid-lifter cams? I re-adjusted the valve lash on my 318 solid-lifter engine this weekend (just for fun) after running it the first 4,000 miles or so, and found them to not really need any adjustment. That got me thinking . . . . "hmmm . . . I wonder how often Chrysler said these things needed to be adjusted back when they were actually building these things brand new?" I've found lots of websites with all kinds of information and details on the adjustment procedure, but can't seem to find anything on a recommended interval. I even contacted the manufacturer (Comp Cams), and their email reply only offered the recommended settings, but nothing on a recommended adjustment interval.

If anyone out there knows what the official recommended maintenance interval was, for example, on a 273 Commando motor, please let me know.

Thanks.
Phillip

Something in the back of my mind, LOL

I actually looked this up in the '66 service manual chapter "0", found this on page "0-15" and another little clip on "0-16"

Attachments

• zero_15.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 155
  • zero_16.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 178
Thanks 67! That's exactly what I was looking for. I have a '67 service manual & searched the maintenance section for it & couldn't find it anywhere. An online search also turned up nothing useful.
Phillip

That's with old school parts too.

I do mine once per year. They really are never out. I run Harland Sharp Rockers.

-
Back