Valve Lifters

-

71-440-Duster

Reaction score
Guys,

I remember reading in one of the Mopar rags about hydralic lifters that don't need to be broken in and can be swapped from motor to motor without any problems, but I can't remember the manufacturer...

Does anyone remember this article? They were comparing camshafts and used the same set of lifters....but, for the life of me I am drawing a blank on the manu.

Thanks...

Guys,

I remember reading in one of the Mopar rags about hydralic lifters that don't need to be broken in and can be swapped from motor to motor without any problems, but I can't remember the manufacturer...

Does anyone remember this article? They were comparing camshafts and used the same set of lifters....but, for the life of me I am drawing a blank on the manu.

Thanks...

http://www.schubeckracing.com/flathydraulic.html

$720.00 a set!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expensive Yes! Have you ever lost a cam while breaking it in? If you do and your lucky enough to catch it in time, you only have to comepletely disassemble the motor to have all the oil passages cleaned out. Then you get to start over on your build. I've seen it done without cleaning the block and the motor failed again. Have I used them? No, not yet. I've been lucky so far. Go to 4secondsflat.com for information on them.

Expensive Yes! Have you ever lost a cam while breaking it in? If you do and your lucky enough to catch it in time, you only have to comepletely disassemble the motor to have all the oil passages cleaned out. Then you get to start over on your build. I've seen it done without cleaning the block and the motor failed again.

That's what I was thinking Jeff. Could be cheap insurance. Have you or anyone you know used them?

For the price, I'd just go hydraulic roller. I have heard some nightmare stories about these lifters, but I've never used them myself. The people who were having problems may have had too much lifter bore clearance too.

-
Back