Valve Noise??

-

LowDart

BR-Dodge
Reaction score
Hi F.A.B.O menbers,need some help,I had a problem with my stock (Iron)heads last month,a valve released and Broke the head near the valve.Well,I had other
iron heads here so i just got the new heads on the engine.The problem is that now the engine is warming up faster and it's getting hotter.When i start i hear a noise that first i was thinking that was a lifters noise but after 30 minutes drive the noise gets stronger and doesn't sound like lifters for me.What you guys think??Valves??:read2:

Sounds like detonation caused by running too hot. Take it uphill from a cold start and see if the noise is there. If not there is your answer. I'm guess head gasket or cracked head. :(

Sounds like detonation caused by running too hot. Take it uphill from a cold start and see if the noise is there. If not there is your answer. I'm guess head gasket or cracked head. :(

With cold engine the noise is there, but not so loud,with the engine cold is just a little noise but as the engine gets hotter the noise gets louder.I feel that the engine have a small and quick lost of power(1 second)at low RPM's.

could have the wrong size push rods.. this wkend I had the same issue w/my charger and had to change them out... tick tick ticking even when cold

So,Maybe when the valve knocked the piston(no damage at the block)and(Did not made a hole on the piston )but maybe damaged the push rods.Is it possible??

So,i think i'll have to remove at least 2 of them to check it out. (The one from the cilinder that i had the valve problem and another one).Hey USCG Charger,did you had a quick lost of power at low RPM,because of that???

no just noise.. but I didn't get on her b/c of the noise... sO I couldn't tell ya 4 sure.

Jason

yep,maybe thats another problem"My distributor gear is damaged,i think".anyway thanks for the help.I'll have a look at the push rods again.

-
Back