Valve spring installed height mic

-

moparspares

Reaction score
My valves have the 3 groove locks and I cannot get a 1.6 - 2.2 mic or a 1.4 - 1.8 mic under the retainer. Anyone else had this problem. Is there an even smaller mic than these that will do the job for me. I'm finding this extremely frustrating.

Dragging up old post. Checking my height today. I had to cut the locks down(one pair) about one third shorter to get them in. Also had to grind a little off the guage threads to make the tool shorter.

Shouldn't have a need to grind on the locks. They come in several different styles with the grooves in different places. I don't know what you are talking about with the height gauge. Are you aware there are a couple of different types that have different ranges? Maybe you needed one with a shorter range.

I've never spent the money for that tool. I cut an aluminum 1/4 inch rod to the correct installed spring height and use the rod to check and select the proper shim.

Shouldn't have a need to grind on the locks. They come in several different styles with the grooves in different places. I don't know what you are talking about with the height gauge. Are you aware there are a couple of different types that have different ranges? Maybe you needed one with a shorter range.

I was thinking there should be no need for grinding. I know when Dad n I put new springs/retainers in his 273 that we had to put in new locks with the Comp retainers.
As RRR said there are different locks

-
Back