Valve Spring Reccomendations

-

64drtGt

Slant Six Lunatic
Reaction score
I had a cam reground at oregon for my magnum 318 with these specs but they didnt tell me any spring specs. I could get the set from hughes for their whiplash cam but I was wanting to know if you guys had any other recommendations?

206/212 @ .050", 258/264 adv, .480"/.488' lift(1.5:1 rocker) .512/ .520

You should get the spring specs from the cam grinder. That lift with 1.6 rockers (Magnums) may be a problem.

Hughes 1110,matching retainers. On mine,safe to .530.

Alright I trust you Abody you have been nothing but helpful to me so far in my quest/adventure so the hughes stuff it is! Just wanted a second opinion on if that was the best or not.

Roller? Flat tappet? That's kinda important info you left out.

I saw Magnum but people put flat tappets in them everyday. Thanks. The 1110 Hughes will do it. That's the same spring I have on my Frankenteen with a flat tappet. It's a good sprAng.

The Hughes #1110,

Can't go wrong with a tried and true tested unit.

Single Coil w/Damper

#120 lbs. @ Installed Height is a nice Load-Rate which will not pound the valve.

#300 lbs. @ .500" Lift, is where it's at for a perfect wide-open Load-Rate.

And, you're well below of the Coil-Bind range.

Good,but not cheap.....

Cheap would be nice for me but I would rather spend alittle more on the good spring vs c heaping out and messing my cam or something worse up.

If it takes me a little longer to come up with the money it does this has been a two year parts collection for me anyway lol.

Good,but not cheap.....

True true. I've had people tell me Frankenteen's price is too high, but I challenge anybody to duplicate it with all the parts and machine work I have in it.

True true. I've had people tell me Frankenteen's price is too high, but I challenge anybody to duplicate it with all the parts and machine work I have in it.

If i wanted cheap I would have built a chevy, I would rather put my money into my little 318 tho. For now its just getting a few little things here and there to make it sound better/ run a little better but I have big plans for it down the road once my money situation levels out.

-
Back