vapor saver system question......

-

70-duster

Reaction score
I have a 71 duster that is from california. It has the Vapor Saver System on it and I already bought the correct gas tank (with vent tubes) and hoses for it. My question is that there is one line that runs up to the front of the car and has a rubber hose on it, where does it go to? I thought initially it was a return line, but there are only 2 lines on my fuel pump. One for the fuel from the tank and the other goes to the carb. The car originally came with a /6 but now has a 318 with a Holley 4 bbl. Should i plug this line or does it go to a vent tube on the carb, or valve cover? Any help would be great.

that is a great explanation. It also answers why my 71 challenger has the vent tube as well. My next question is, can I just get a pcv valve and put it in my valve cover and run this line to it? I don't have an extra fitting on my fuel pump, but you said that was for a 70 anyways. Mine is a 71.

can I just get a pcv valve and put it in my valve cover and run this line to it?

No. See my answer to your other thread (breather cap wanted).

I don't have an extra fitting on my fuel pump, but you said that was for a 70 anyways. Mine is a 71.

I said that '70 California + '71 50-state slant-6 cars have the carb bowl vent hose nipple on the fuel pump. Someone installed the wrong pump on your car; get a pump for a '70-'71.

-
Back