Varmint/rat problems/ .22 funtime

-
Having neighbors on the next block, behind me, I don't like to use a rifle (bad things can happen). I use a 410 shotgun. Great fun, and I can aim high in the trees for squirrels.

Today I shot a huge ground hog in the back yard with my Marlin .22. I hit him twice but he still managed to get off into his hole.

Follow up remember someone said no to using rat poison? My boxer aka tiger a 3 year old male ate rat poison, late at night at 2 o'clock in the morning. My dad then said we were better off shooting the rats since we didnt want the dogs dying.. My mini- pinschers, have killed two in the past week, and one small oppossum, i thought my dogs were done when i heard growling and hissing but no the little killers came through like champs... Ps we have no idea where the rat poison came from, 500 dollars later the vet said it was squirrel/golpher poison usually used on farms, or industrial places? They said they have never seen that amount of poison in a dog, only in a cow.. I found him eating it at 2 o' clock it was inside of an mcdonalds bag.

I like the 10/22 for small vermin and step up to .222 for ground hogs and bigger. For vermin in the yard close to the house I just open the door and send out the Rat Terrier. Hopefully PETA wont catch on.

Hopefully PETA wont catch on.[/QU...... lol, ahh yes peta,.. those damn hippies, i once seen a girl out in the mountains with a sticker that read "P.E.T.A" -"PEOPLE-EATING-TASTY-ANIMALS" I found it kinda catchy :D .. If theyre in close range i use cci's shotshells, the ones with the plastic tip.. I have no longer seen the brass cased birdshot's sold anywhere... Does anyone see them being sold anywhere else? I would either use an old 60's marlin glenfield ba' rifle.. Was very accurate for what it was.. I know use a jennings 22. Pistol lol, or a rg 22lr revolver.. I shoot both 22 lr stingers, shotshell(in the revolver) and also winchester 22 hp's. ( i know my backdrop) i very rarely use my brothers russian 410.

-
Back