Vdarts Rag top

-

VDART

Reaction score
1969 dart convertible--- had since 1996-- has not been driven since 1999-- long story I have old photos that I will scan to help complete the journey.
Car was a 273- bench seat car-- I found it in the local paper-- purchased it because my friend had a 68 gts clone convert. That's what started the saga.
Fastforward to Sept 2010

Last night I finally started pulling dash pieces down to begin the reassembly process:
I do not have a time frame -- but my daughter is 9years old, my son is 16-- hopefully they will see it driven before they graduate high school. Lawrence

the pic in the avatar is the car

This will be cool to watch. Just lock yourself in the garage for a day or two and you'll get some real progress.

these are some of the pictures I scanned in-- long story short -- body shop did a lot of the work--- I disassembled & now have to re-assemble many years later.

I have a 5" thick stack of pictures of the body work done--- mostly due to legal issues--- that is all in the past & I now need to get off my rear. If interested in seeing other pictures of the work -- I can scan them in,
Both quarters were replaced--- the front clip was replaced-- there was bondo/fiberglass holding the inner fenders to gether, the floors & inner 1/4's came from a donor 1968 parts car. The car was a mess-- I traded a nice 1966 elcamino & 3100 cash for the body work.
Lawrence

Can you show the pictures of the front clip being replaced?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ragtop. welcome, and build on. i like pics. anyone else here like pics????????????????????????????????

the white 4door was the 1/4 panel donor,front clip & many other misc metal swaps-- I had other 69 dart fenders that we used, that were much better than the one's on the car--- the car will probably float as the interior floor is now covered in rhino lining to seal the interior & trunk.
I'll try to roll the car out this weekend & take pictures of it now .

It may seem like a huge project now, but with the body work done assembly will progress quickly. Just post a thread any time you have a question. That car is a keeper, you will have more fun in it than any car you have ever owned.

pics re-loaded

Attachments

• Copy of Picture 060.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 634
  • Copy of Picture 059.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 632
  • Picture.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 626
  • Picture 051.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 647
more

Attachments

• Picture 062.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 656
  • Picture 063.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 641
  • Picture 064.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 643
  • Picture 065.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 642
now i will try to get some pics this weekend of the rolling shell -- sat- is already planned out -- so maybe sunday

here is jhow it rolls 10/29/2010. i added the rear shackle as they were not in place on the car---

Attachments

• Picture 063.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 607
  • Picture 067.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 610
  • Picture 064.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 633
interior shot--HA!

Attachments

• Picture 066.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 609
  • Picture 065.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 637
any suggestions as to re-assembly steps--- I have bolts/nuts etc-- in jars & cans, I'm trying to reassemble the dash first----(clean up the speedo & wiring) . Then the door glass, I figure carpet & seats are simple-- putting/finding the right bolt is priceless!!
Lawrence

been having fun finding out I have a mix of tinted/non tinted glass-- plus some convert & hardtop parts mixed together!! this site is helping on the research part-- just not in the assembly portion of this vehicle. thanks Lawrence

Attachments

• Picture 078.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 585
V-dart thats a nice looking car. You and I are close to the same stage. I have a 69 GT convertible I just painted in October this year. I've got a post with quite a few pictures (none of re-assembly yet, but soon) in the restoration section too.

You asked in one of your post about re-assembly steps:
Buy a factory service manual - it will pay for itself.
If you can get a 1969 parts book buy it.

Break all the steps into sub-assemblies, lay out everything you need for the job, order the parts that you need. Once you have the assembly complete, install it. Certain parts have to go in a certain order. Depending how far apart the car is taken it's best to plan ahead. Good luck, and can;t wait to see the progress. If you need any help make sure to ask on the board, or you can pm me and I'd be glad to help ya out.

I have the fsm, need the parts book----just found out about the door glass being all different types. thanks for the support!!

VDART, Set up a work day some weekend and I'll come down and help. Let me know.

Jeff, thank you -- it will have to be when the weather warms up as my garage is not heated.
i'm still trying to sort out the door glass saga--- if it really is that big of a deal or not .Lawrence

surprise something was done to the car!! I know it's not much but it is progress!!

Attachments

• summer2011 122 (Large).jpg
    75 KB · Views: 490
  • summer2011 123 (Large).jpg
    88 KB · Views: 488
  • summer2011 121 (Large).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 482
-
Back