Vdarts Rag top

-
Car looks really nice, keep it up.
Who installed the new convertible top? I have to replace mine this winter and can use a few tips if you have any.
I can't afford to have it done by a pro.

Love the job you've done so far!

George

That top was done by a shop some years ago, I was told they had problems installing it -- due to all the adjustments were way off.
That makes some sense -- when I purchased the car in it's blue form the previous owner had installed the top & it never did seat as well as it does now.

That is part of the long story on this car-- this car was at the body shop for some time.

Today I was comparing the extra wiring harness's I've acquired over the years-- none of them match exactly.
I think I'll splice one of the better ones into my original abused harness. Thanks Lawrence

Looks great Lawrence!! Verts may be a little more puzzling, especially with donor parts mixed in with other parts...doing great!
How did the top go?? Mine is taken off the cuda and sitting in the rafters of the garage...I plan on taking apart and sandblasting...any pointers/hints?? Mine is 69 cuda.

Thanks
4spdragtop

Cannot offer much assist to the top install-
I do know that if the project was to start today I would photo /document the dis-assembly process.
This is going off memory & the fsm-- but mostly this site-- it is the best tool I've found!!

If you need pictures of the top from inside--let me know.

I still have not purchased new cylinders -my old ones have a nice curve to them -- most other converts I look at do not have the curve.
today is a clean up day putting all the scattered parts back in a box to make room in the garage. Lawrence

more scanned pictures-- the car was it bad shape

Attachments

• summer2011.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 389
  • summer2011 149.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 385
more

Attachments

• summer2011 150.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 381
  • summer2011 151.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 372
Wow I think yours was worse than mine. :0
Good to see some progress. Keep your motivations up, work slow and methodical, don't cut corners and before you know it, you'll be driving it.....At least that's what I keep telling myself. I've had the engine back in mine for months now and still haven't fired it up.

door glass is in-- adjustment is not a fun procedure---
also cleaning up the latches before installing!!

Attachments

• summer2011 004.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 337
  • summer2011 006.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 334
  • summer2011 007.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 353
door glass is in-- adjustment is not a fun procedure---
also cleaning up the latches before installing!!

Hey the first pic is how my convertible windows looked except mine had a gap at the roof line. I couldn't find pics sorry. I guess you figured it out. I can't believe how bad that car was. Looks great now.

Lawrence, I posted a reply to your link. Check it out.
Also, I bought the header and side rail weatherstripping kit. Fits nice.

George

George, thanks I'll read up on the adjustment of the top-- top latches nicely now-- not sure if those adjustments will ruin that part. Lawrence

Your doing a great job on your car. And remember, even small steps counts. Keep the pictures coming too.

Nice car! :glasses7:
You have come a long ways with it! That looks like a ton of work to even get this far.

I have a 68 gts clone convert as well!

-
Back