Velocity stack - 318

-

TomB

Reaction score

Great video about airflow efficiency with evidence, and I decided to give a go.

Wondering if anyone know a bolt on version of velocity stack over the 2 barrel throttle body.

I'll may or may not use cold intake. If I do I need to find a place for double cone filters (open front with an inner little cone) but i struggle to make up my mind.

Ideas
1.) if I short pipe it will be around/over the engine where no cold air as we know (I know heat shield but I need direct airflow to increase airflow and pressure) if I cut the hood (would be straight into the throttle body) but I am afraid there is no airflow kinda in the 'shadow' due to aero (i think)

2.) Longer pipe and a bit more mods, I am thinking to relocate the headlights (it's a 2500 van body) my location would be just under where they are right now. I've never checked but on the 2500 ram truck where exactly the headlights are, maybe could fit, but I am sure I would find some fancy led.

In this case the location of the old headlights would be an amazing place to fit two (one each side) cone shaped inlet for the double cone type cold air filter, it would channel the air straight in and I am sure with driving speed it would push more air in. Some body work and and some manicure.

Based on the video i posted I just keep my eyes open when I see any cone shaped items for experimental purposes, what ever fits into the throttle body I surely will give a try. :)

The main idea to feed 2.02 intake valves with super short duration to keep the pressure in the cylinder as long as possible to bump up low/mid range torque. Most likely a costume cam open the intake late, super short duration, close it early so for that short duration I need to push air in quick means more flow so higher performance won't suffer that much.

Anyone tried something like this? Would love to hear thoughts

A 2bbl. “Throttle body?” Or carb?
Ether way, I have not see any “Velocity Stack” for that. Just 4bbl. carbs.

Skip the double cone filter and find an air cleaner for a standard 4bbl. Some have a dual snorkel design and a company or two also makes a kit to run a tube to the head light bucket for fresh air.
Research adapters for the 2bbl. - 4bbl. From IIRC, Mr. Gasket.

The normal big name (and smaller) cam grinders have “Milage cams” on the shelf. Look into Crane cams.

Instead of getting a velocity stack for a 2 barrel. Get a 2 barrel for the velocity stack. A Holley 2300 series.

-
Back