Vendor Issue/Ultimate Rides

-

Wheel Chock

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is not the proper place to post this. Though I've been on this site for about 2 years, I generally just prefer to read and learn from other members' posts and occasionally comment if it's a subject that I happen to know about.
My son, Brendan and I have been working on his 70 Duster for the last 3 years and it is nearly complete with 1 exception, the dash pad.
We attended Spring Fling at Woodley park this year in order to pick up the last few parts that we needed to complete our project and stopped by Ultimate Rides' booth to order his dash pad. We needed the pad in red and were told that it would take 3 or 4 weeks for them to make and ship it. Brendan paid them $290 for the pad + shipping and left our core with them. In June, when we still had heard nothing from them, I began calling and e-mailing them for an update. Whenever I called it immediately went to voice mail and I never received a call back or reply to an e-mail.
Finally on June 17th my call was answered by a woman who checked on our order and told me that there had been a delay in getting the red dye, but that the pad would ship the following Monday. Several weeks went by and I began calling and leaving messages again. On July 1st, the lady called Brendan on his cell, not the call back number I had been leaving, and apologized for the delay due to dye problems and told him the pad would ship the following week. after another 3 weeks without the pad, I began calling again and got the same lady again on Monday, 08/09. She told me that the pad would ship that day and she would call me back that afternoon with tracking info. After receiving no call back, I resumed calling on Wednesday and this morning she answered. I apologized for missing her call on Monday :) and asked for the tracking info. She said that she had someone in the office right then, but would call me back within 20 minutes. Since I'm posting this, you can guess how that went.

It is not in my nature to trash vendors on web sites and I have no intention of doing that now, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had experience with Ultimate Rides? I dealt with them based on the recommendations of friends who were very pleased with the products they purchased and felt confident dealing with them face to face at the Fling.
I understand that these are tough times for everyone and don't mind a delay in receiving the pad, but at this point, I have become quite frustrated. Because Brendan made this purchase himself and used his debit card, he has no recourse through a charge back. Really all we want is the dash pad. I guess if they show up at Fall Fling, I'll be seeing them there.

I'm sorry if this is too long-winded, but at least typing it all out was a bit cathartic.

I haven't had any experience with Ultimate Rides, but I'm glad you posted this. We depend on each other to keep the vendors on the up and up. Sorry for your problems, but at least know that you are probably saving a number of other Mopar fans from the same frustrations.

that sucks and whats bad is that it its happening a lot these days in a lot of different automotive scenes. if you don't hear anything back i might have an extra one at my house in a few weeks. if you'll pay the shipping its all yours (ill ship it to you and just pay me back when you get it). just PM me and let me know. either way i hope everything works out for the best.

I know what you are going through. Months of waiting. I had delt with them last year and the outcome was not good. After dealing with them the same way you have been( Calling and getting no where). I had received a pad. The frame was not the original as I had given them and told them that I wanted the same frame back. The workmanship on the pad was terrible( wrinkled and bent) . I had to send it back because the one I had sent them was better than the one they sent me. Then it took a few more weeks to get another pad. So I can't say I had a good dealings with them either. Good luck.

Send them a link to this thread.
Thanks for the heads up...
C

Bummer! Hope you get it solved and on good terms.

Hate hearing about stuff like that....It seems like being a business they would value the fact that they need to keep customers happy because word of mouth spreads fast (more so on Fabo) I think if you send them a transcript of this thread after it has gained a bit more momentum and let it be know how many possible future customers they could be losing because of there shotty dealings...that maybe.....they might act a little faster on satisfying there obligations.

good luck!

GOOD LUCK , I had delt with them and had the same issues. NO callbacks and ALWAYS had an excuse of why it was not finished. It went for months with holding my project up. When and if you receive it check it good because on mine the quality was not the best. Good luck and keep on them

Sounds like a vendor I need to make sure I avoid. Sad to hear all the horror stories.

Thanks for the heads up, its always good to hear both positive and negative when dealing with vendors. I hope this all works out for you.

It never ceases to amaze me how a company will continually duck out on a customer due to their incopmpetence. In today's world, negative comments such as these will only serve to kill their business as the all-powerful Google will make posts like this available for all to read forever. There is not enough advertising dollars that they can spend to get this type of thread off of the first page of a Google search. Sad.

Grant

It never ceases to amaze me how a company will continually duck out on a customer due to their incopmpetence. In today's world, negative comments such as these will only serve to kill their business as the all-powerful Google will make posts like this available for all to read forever. There is not enough advertising dollars that they can spend to get this type of thread off of the first page of a Google search. Sad.

Grant
Some people were just not cut out to run a business.

GOOD LUCK , I had delt with them and had the same issues. NO callbacks and ALWAYS had an excuse of why it was not finished. It went for months with holding my project up. When and if you receive it check it good because on mine the quality was not the best. Good luck and keep on them

I agree, I had the same issues. I did get all my items, I called them 2 to 4 times a week for months and finally got everything. Do check your items over very well.

An update, oddly enough shortly after I started this thread, Brendan got a call from them with a tracking number. He copied down the number wrong and when I tried to track with UPS, it was invalid. I called again this morning and when the lady answered, I thanked her for calling and explained that Brendan must have got the number wrong. She then got me the correct number and UPS says it was picked up yesterday. So hopefully this will end soon.

BTW, thanks Chafin for your very kind offer, hopefully I won't have to take you up on it.

I will try to post pictures of the pad when it arrives.

I hope you get to see a great pad in a few days.

Do you have contact information for them? I Googled them and nota.

Never mind I found it...

Ultimate Rides Dash Pads
Phone: 877-327-4723

The only contact info that I have is their phone # and e-mail address that appears on the receipt. It doesn't appear that they have a web site.
Based on what I found out today, I'll give it another week.

BTW, I'm usually not this patient!

Glad you seem to be gettin your pad. I say lets go get the skank bury her in the dirt and dump syrup on her head and leave for a while. She'll think twice about all that lyin after that. I just love Georgia fire ants.

Brendan called me today and said that the pad arrived this afternoon.
He unpacked it and says it looks good. I'll see it when we install it next weekend.
As I said in the beginning, it was never my intention to trash a vendor and I understand that business has been tough for everyone lately. If the pad looks as good as Brendan says, then I'm pleased with the result, it just took too long.
Thanks to all of you for allowing me to vent my frustration.

All's well that ends well. We installed the pad this weekend and it looks great, front and back. In the end, my only complaint against Ultimate Rides, is their failure to communicate with us.

Ultimat Rides is a rip off company, nothing but complaints from people I've talked to. I sent them the money for a Dash for my AAR, they said it would be a week. 3 weeks later they said it was sent out, guess what no DASH. After numerous...NUMEROUS calls to these assholes they dont return the calls. I called them to say I was interested in a dash, guess what they called back thinking they could get another victim. I told them it still hadnt arrived etc., the ***** on the phone says I'll check in back and call you back in 5 minutes. Guess what no call back. Credit card fraud is onto these assholes now and will pay for this. If you know anyone wanting ot do business with this ripoff company tell them to just throw their money out of a moving car window, it's less headache that way. Sorry but I needed to get that out. Sorry for the venting.

As you know, I eventually got the dash pad and the quality was good.
That being said: I really can't recommend them to anyone because of the difficulty in dealing with them.

I hope that you eventually get either your pad or your money back, at least you didn't send them a core or did you?

Good luck!

I have seen their quality for E-body pads. Fit is absolute crap! Its bad enough you have to pay over $500 for one of those pads but then it looks terrible. The pad in my Challenger has 3 big cracks in it and it will stay that way until a decent pad comes to market. Oh and they say they buy cores. HA they'll give $50 for cores but when you buy a pad they put a $195 core charge on top of it.

I will NEVER use or recommend this company to anyone after reading through this thread. Thanks for looking out for us all out here. We have your back also.

-
Back