Vent/Door Window Info.

-
now if you can find where to buy roof rail replacement rubber, (not soft seal) and all the window fuzzies

now if you can find where to buy roof rail replacement rubber, (not soft seal) and all the window fuzzies
Is that stuff hard to find now? and by fuzzies, you mean the flocked part that is in the vent window channel? or the door /side wipe and fuzzies?

They address worn and broken guide rollers but not the regulator. So If I might add to...
Behind the winder handle is a drive/bearing assembly. These do wear, especially at the drivers door. The wear is noticed by lost motion and wobble/looseness in the handle. Other newer regulators, especially rear window regulators typically have much less wear. Those donors can replace the well worn parts, restoring the function and feel of a drivers door regulator.

I thought the article gave a pretty good visual idea of how things went together. I am working on my doors now, and needed to verify a few things, for example the window goes in with the vent assembly. I have seen a B body article where they remove the screw near the top of the vent window channel, and tilt the channel back to get the window in/out, but my A body vent window channel looks like it is tack welded about halfway down, so i don't know about "tilting" the channel back to get the window out.

Is that stuff hard to find now? and by fuzzies, you mean the flocked part that is in the vent window channel? or the door /side wipe and fuzzies?

the flocked part in the vent window channel, yes. The roof rail gasket from soft seal is junk in my opinion.

-
Back