Vent windows & frames

-

ClassicCarGuy

69 (R6) Red ‘Cuda
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is there someone that can confirm if ‘73 Valiant vent windows and frames are interchangeable with 67-69 Barracuda’s?

Thanks you!

67 vent window frame is its own animal. 1 year only
The 68-72 vent frame is the same. Vent glass for hardtop coupe, vert, fastback 67-72 is the same. Not sure about 73 though. Doubt they would change it for 1 year though, but stranger things have happened in mopar land. Call a glass place. They might know.

73 didn't have vent windows on 2drs. I don't think the side glass is the same between cuda and dart so the frames may be different

I have the opportunity to purchase a nice set from a four door ‘73 Valiant. I don’t want to pull the trigger if they aren’t interchangeable with my ‘68 Barracuda.
Thank you for all feedback.
Glass shop suggestion is my next move.

They wont or shouldent fit your barracuda.

2 door post, and 4 door sedan are the same. Taller roof line

2 door hardtop is different

I will add to this for clarity sake, ALL dodge and plymouth 2 door hardtop A bodys from 68-72 utilize the same vent window and frame system regardless of coupe, fastback , convertible.

All 1967 dodge and plymouth A body 2 door hardtops, coupe, fastback, convertible use the same frame system unique to 67.

The 67 vent glass panes are 2 way interchangable with 68 to 72 hardtop coupe, fastback and convertible,

Some vent window frame parts will interchange between 67 and 68-72. However the division post mounting point on the inside panel of the door is the main difference.

67 utilizes a chrome phillips countersunk screw thats visible on the painted upper door trim. Its division post reflects its type of mounting system. 68 to 72 has a mounting fastener in this roughly same location however its hidden behind a small plastic cap in the painted upper door trim , and uses an allen key to loosen the screw that holds its division post in. These different mounting systems here do NOT interchance because of structural differences manufactured into the door in this location.

I have 67 and 69 notchback coupes. This is all verified.

Last edited:
I will add to this for clarity sake, ALL dodge and plymouth 2 door hardtop A bodys from 68-72 utilize the same vent window and frame system regardless of coupe, fastback , convertible.

All 1967 dodge and plymouth A bodys coupe, fastback, convertible use the same frame system unique to 67.

The 67 vent glass panes are 2 way interchangable with 68 to 72 hardtop coupe, fastback and convertible,

Some vent window frame parts will interchange between 67 and 68-72. However the division post mounting point on the inside panel of the door is the main difference.

67 utilizes a chrome phillips countersunk screw thats visible on the painted upper door trim. Its division post reflects its type of mounting system. 68 to 72 has a mounting fastener in this roughly same location however its hidden behind a small plastic cap in the painted upper door trim , and uses an allen key to loosen the screw that holds its division post in. These different mounting systems here do NOT interchance because of structural differences manufactured into the door in this location.

I have 67 and 69 notchback coupes. This is all verified.
Thank you for your detailed clarification. Much appreciated!

-
Back