Vert interior rear panels

-

RedFish

Reaction score
I've got another winter project in the early stages. That one will take much longer than just the winter months no doubt. I've learned that getting information from 3D pronting modelers and services is like pulling teeth. In the words of Forrest Gump, That's all I'm going to say about that.
Meaanwhile back at the fish tank, I decided to invest 2 hours in another little idea..
The rear interior panels for my 67 vert project are in exelent condition. Their ash trays and elbow pads average about 7s on scale of 1 to 10.
My problem is I just dont like them. Reason being, An ash tray is an invite to smoke. If those ash trays are used then a little rain falls on them, a real mess is created. My first thought was, Replace the ash trays with cup holders. There isn't enogh space for a cup holder without re-shaping the panels. Coffee or soda can be a mess too just less nasty in comparison to butt and ashes.
About 2 years ago, while repairing the electric rear window regulator in a 90 Lincoln Towncar, I noticed a interesting feature on that door panel.
Hindged elbow pad with storage compartment beneath.
A trip to the parts yard later.. See pic below.
Here's another problem... I plan to have the 67 metallic red interior in this car. I know I can dye these parts and either elbow pad type. Should I butcher these black panels ? I think I would rather trade for original metallic red panels even if they are in less than perfect condition before going forward with this mod.
If I do nothing more here I have at least presented the option to other vert owners for their consideration.

Attachments

• vert rear pad project.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 112
paint em and be done...easy off oven cleaner will remove the paint without damaging the plastic

-
Back