Very raw W5 head for sale: Not mine

-
Is Ryan in jail or a hospital. Sounds like he got some guys pretty good and some guys made out like bandits.
I got replacement engine parts back through his brother at his brothers house. I lost an X-block , Batten heads and the rest of the internals. Not even the intake or oil pan was reusable. The parts I gave as a trade toward labor was a total loss. I even gave him a series one bridge port because he was using a Harbor freight table top on cement block stand. Three 727 transmissions. and a bunch of parts for his Coronet. I never saw him after retrieving parts from his brother to replace what he destroyed.

What helped me was the receipt and his brother being honest in front of several machinists I took with me the last time there. We took what Ryan had in his private stash to replace what I needed to build my Engine. I never got a usable block back. I ended up trading Ray Barton a 68 340 Barracuda for a Resto block. I would never trust Ryan and have never spoke to him since.

Is he Dead? Who Knows, He has enough enemies so he could be. God works in funny ways against thieves. His friends at Carlisle warned me and I didn't listen.

I got replacement engine parts back through his brother at his brothers house. I lost an X-block , Batten heads and the rest of the internals. Not even the intake or oil pan was reusable. The parts I gave as a trade toward labor was a total loss. I even gave him a series one bridge port because he was using a Harbor freight table top on cement block stand. Three 727 transmissions. and a bunch of parts for his Coronet. I never saw him after retrieving parts from his brother to replace what he destroyed.

What helped me was the receipt and his brother being honest in front of several machinists I took with me the last time there. We took what Ryan had in his private stash to replace what I needed to build my Engine. I never got a usable block back. I ended up trading Ray Barton a 68 340 Barracuda for a Resto block. I would never trust Ryan and have never spoke to him since.

Is he Dead? Who Knows, He has enough enemies so he could be. God works in funny ways against thieves. His friends at Carlisle warned me and I didn't listen.

Sorry to hear you got worked over.

I like seeing them just because of the reality check that they present themselves to be for anyone looking to build a maximum power small block. Even with offset rockers, you can see how much pushrod pinch factors against the LA head design. If there were some extra aluminum cast in the openings behind the flanges, we could make a tunnel port style cylinder head with a wing shaped divider with the leading edge around the pushrod tube tapering down the length of the port to the valve guide. Talk about a Frankenstein rig of an intake, but what effectively amounts to two Siamese’d intake ports per valve would be an interesting experiment.

Last edited:
I like seeing them just because of the reality check that they present themselves to be for anyone looking to build a maximum power small block. Even with offset rockers, you can see how much pushrod pinch factors against the LA head design. If there were some extra aluminum cast in the openings behind the flanges, we could make a tunnel port style cylinder head with a wing shaped divider with the leading edge around the pushrod tube tapering down the length of the port to the valve guide. Talk about a Frankenstein rig of an intake, but what effectively amounts to two Siamese’d intake ports per valve would be an interesting experiment.
The pushrod pinch is part of it. But its also the raised port and much better short side turn in the w5 that makes power or an la style port.

-
Back