Very Slow Progress on my Turbo SBM.

-

gg408

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals , has been a long time since I last posted but here is what has been done so far.
Should have it ready for the dyno next couple of weeks so will post up results as soon as we're done.

It's a W2 headed 410 SBM with Eagle rods and crank, Arias dish pistons flat tappet cam 236/236@50deg- 114 lobe sep and .525 valve lift. Cam is relative small compared to others out there.
Did have a blow through set up on it b4 but decided to go efi instead. Turbo is a BW S480 It's going into a 1967 early a-body Aussie Valiant. Backed by 2 speed glide and 3.55 9"rear.

Here is an earlier post re the car and specs..
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=173634&highlight=gg408

Cheers
gg408

Attachments

• 100_1240.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 317
  • 100_1242.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 356
  • 100_1243.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 365
  • 100_1244.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 345
cool! But how are these both horizontal, cylindrical parts are connected? The right one goes into the intake manifold, the left one is attached to the compressor side of the turbo....i don´t get it at the moment.

ah, after looking in your old thread i see, it´s going to the IC....

What did it make at the track?

Michael

cool! But how are these both horizontal, cylindrical parts are connected? The right one goes into the intake manifold, the left one is attached to the compressor side of the turbo....i don´t get it at the moment.

ah, after looking in your old thread i see, it´s going to the IC....

What did it make at the track?

Michael

Never had it going Michael, this is a ground up build that's been going on for a few years now. Hoping to have it finished this year.

Cheers
gg408

Looks great I hope you don't mind but i added your pics to my library of turbo mopar pics. Keep at it these things take time, make sure you get it right the first time.

And I only thought you could put Turbo's on a LS Chevy.

Great build, keep us updated.

That looks so weird! Bad *** though! Hope to see video of it running and pics in the car soon. :)

What sizes are log manifold and hot side pipe diameter

The pipes of the head are 1.750" the logs and cross over are 2". I think it should be ok for my goals but if not will make the logs and crossover bigger.

Cheers
gg408

-
Back