Not open for further replies.

physixx

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Contact seller
I’m selling this car for a good friend of mine. It’s a very solid 1970 Duster with the numbers matching /6 engine and 4-speed overdrive trans, floor shift with a B-body pistol grip shifter, and a 2-bbl carb with an adapter. The car is in excellent shape and was originally F4 Green. As can be seen from the pics, it’s now orange, the 71 black out paint design and black interior. It has new black carpet, new black headliner, new black vinyl seat covers, new black door panels, new door sill plates, and a new black dash cap. It sits on small bolt pattern rallye wheels, 14x5 ½ with 195/65/14 tires in the front and Stockton 15x7 wheels in the rear with 255/60/15 tires. The car runs and drives great. It’s originally from Oklahoma and has a clear title. It has 118,639 original miles on it and has no rot or rust. It comes with an original flat hood, but the fiberglass one-piece 6-pack hood from AAR can be purchased for an additional $400. It also has a fairly new trunk mat, decent spare wheel and tire and all the gauges in the dash work.

I’d like to get $6,995 for the car and can possibly deliver depending on location, for the price of gas and tolls.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Forgot to indicate that it's a manual steering, manual brake car.

Attachments

• DSCN2926.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,239
  • DSCN2927.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,215
  • DSCN2928.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,220
  • DSCN2929.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,215
  • DSCN2930.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,227
  • DSCN2931.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,229
  • DSCN2933.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,230
  • image0002.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,223
It is really nice. Starts up easily and runs very smooth. I wish you had the money also. LOL!

I have more info on the car. I decoded the fender tag and this is what the car had from the factory:

VL29 - Duster 2 door Sports hardtop
E24 - 225 /6 engine
D11 - 3 speed manual column shift
L2F8 - green vinyl bench seat
EF8 - dark green interior
526 - build date May 26, 1970
11388 - order number
R11 - AM Music Master AM radio
Y05 - built to USA specs
C0B - 225 145 HP, 1-bbl, 6 cylinder
EF8 - dark green metallic exterior paint

It also appears that the floor hump was changed and a floor shift hump was installed.

All the wheel lips are solid as well as the trunk floor extensions and rear lower quarters.

Ken

My friend is trying to sell the car outright. He has too many projects right now. Thanks for the offer though.

Ken

Has the dash cap been installed - or is it like it is shown in the picture? Was the steering column replaced with a floor shift model? ( no knob). Any evidence of original color around door seams, trunk, etc? Roadworthy as it sits? thanks Dave

The original dash pad with the new cap is in the trunk. It just hasn't been reinstalled yet from when the dash frame was painted black. Plus we've had some really cold weather lately and working outside is tough. The column is still the original "3 on the tree" column with just the shifter arm removed so the "knob" is still there. The original green color can be seen in the trunk at the forward end of it near the back seat. Also some spots around the trunk rubber seal lip area. The car is very roadworthy and is registered and insured. We've been giving test drives to several interested people. No problem driving it.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back