Veterans day

-

6pakattack

Reaction score
VETERANS DAY REMEBERANCE !!

White Table for Veterans Day

America's White Table by Margot Theis Raven is the idea behind this simple display. Ever since the Vietnam War, a white table has been set across America in mess halls and at military events to honor America's Armed Forces, especially those missing in action and those held prisoner of war.

image003.jpg

Materials needed:

One small round table
One chair
White tablecloth
Black napkin
One lit candle
Table setting for one
Salt shaker with some salt sprinkled on the dinner plate
A lemon slice
Vase with yellow ribbon tied around it
Red rose
Water glass inverted on table
And what they symbolize:

This table, set for one, is small, symbolizing the frailty of one prisoner, alone. It is set for one, symbolizing the fact that some are missing from our ranks.

The tablecloth is white, symbolic of the purity of their intentions to respond to their country's call to arms.

The black napkin represents the sorrow of captivity.

The single red rose in the vase, signifies the blood that many have shed in sacrifice to ensure the freedom of United States of America. This rose also reminds us of the family and friends of our missing comrades who keep the faith, awaiting their return.

The yellow ribbon on the vase represents the yellow ribbons worn on the lapels of the thousands who demand a proper accounting of our comrades who are not among us tonight.

A slice of lemon on the plate reminds us of their bitter fate.

The salt sprinkled on the plate reminds us of the countless fallen tears of families as they wait.

The glass is inverted - they cannot toast with us at this time.

The chair is empty - they are not here.

The candle is reminiscent of the light of hope which lives in our hearts to illuminate their way home, away from their captors, to the open arms of a grateful nation.

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SERVICE PEOPLE FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY !!!

Thank you 6pakattack, tonight I will approach the owners of the restaurant where I work about allowing me to set up a White Table this Sunday in remembrance of our veterans.

VETERANS DAY REMEBERANCE !!

White Table for Veterans Day

America's White Table by Margot Theis Raven is the idea behind this simple display. Ever since the Vietnam War, a white table has been set across America in mess halls and at military events to honor America's Armed Forces, especially those missing in action and those held prisoner of war.

image003.jpg

Materials needed:

One small round table
One chair
White tablecloth
Black napkin
One lit candle
Table setting for one
Salt shaker with some salt sprinkled on the dinner plate
A lemon slice
Vase with yellow ribbon tied around it
Red rose
Water glass inverted on table
And what they symbolize:

This table, set for one, is small, symbolizing the frailty of one prisoner, alone. It is set for one, symbolizing the fact that some are missing from our ranks.

The tablecloth is white, symbolic of the purity of their intentions to respond to their country's call to arms.

The black napkin represents the sorrow of captivity.

The single red rose in the vase, signifies the blood that many have shed in sacrifice to ensure the freedom of United States of America. This rose also reminds us of the family and friends of our missing comrades who keep the faith, awaiting their return.

The yellow ribbon on the vase represents the yellow ribbons worn on the lapels of the thousands who demand a proper accounting of our comrades who are not among us tonight.

A slice of lemon on the plate reminds us of their bitter fate.

The salt sprinkled on the plate reminds us of the countless fallen tears of families as they wait.

The glass is inverted - they cannot toast with us at this time.

The chair is empty - they are not here.

The candle is reminiscent of the light of hope which lives in our hearts to illuminate their way home, away from their captors, to the open arms of a grateful nation.

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SERVICE PEOPLE FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY !!!

Thank you 6pak what a great way to honor our hero's

Thank you 6pakattack, tonight I will approach the owners of the restaurant where I work about allowing me to set up a White Table this Sunday in remembrance of our veterans.

Here's to hoping they are receptive to the idea !!! :prayer: Amazing how a little thing can mean so much to so many !!

Here's to hoping they are receptive to the idea !!! :prayer: Amazing how a little thing can mean so much to so many !!

Yep they agreed without hesitation, I can set it up it wherever I want...I have the perfect spot where every customer will notice it. We need this to become a tradition every Veterans Day.

We've done that at every American Legion dinner I've ever gone too. I've been asked several times what it's about, I have never had anything but respectful response's.

Every chow hall wether it be in Iraq, Kuwait, Turkey, and back here in the good ole US of A has one set up.

Staff edit, Do not make me move this into the political forum
I believe something was written by stumper that AdamR edited and posted this to warn the rest of us not to make it political.

God bless our veterans who are with us and who are not!
I salute you.:salut:

Thank you 6pak for starting this thread.

I believe something was written by stumper that AdamR edited and posted this to warn the rest of us not to make it political.

God bless our veterans who are with us and who are not!
I salute you.:salut:

Thank you 6pak for starting this thread.

It apparently was and since I was speaking as a war time veteran for my fellow veterans I found the censorship to be pure BS, but I know there is no arguing with a moderator... so screw it.

-
Back