norshorblufish

By the Big Water
Reaction score
View attachment bald_eagle_head_and_american_flag1.jpg

I would like to thank all the Veterans.
Some are no longer with us, but my respect and admiration is always
with them.

This goes for our allied veterans too.

I would also like to thank the families of the veterans also, as they have sacrificed a lot. Especially when their loved ones are deployed to war zones not knowing if they will walk through the front door again.

God speed to you all!

And again THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

From my family to yours.
norshor

Very nicely said. Our lives couldn't happen without all the veterans.

My father (WWII) served 6 years overseas with the RCNVR (volunteer). My Mom served in the dockyard with the Navy. My father in law was Navy as well..he sailed corvettes..brave man. Sunk a sub off of Africa. Grand father was gassed (mustard) in France in WWI. One of my buddies did 2 tours of Vietnam and he was Canadian.

I would like to thank all the men and women in the Canadian Forces as well as our Allied for their service for us.

"In Flanders Fields" is a war poem in the form of a rondeau, written during the First World War by Canadian physician and Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae. He was inspired to write it on May 3, 1915, after presiding over the funeral of friend and fellow soldier Alexis Helmer, who died in the Second Battle of Ypres. According to legend, fellow soldiers retrieved the poem after McCrae, initially unsatisfied with his work, discarded it. "In Flanders Fields" was first published on December 8 of that year in the London-based magazine Punch."

We also have a local guy who sang a song about Remembrance day in these days.. It is worth a listen...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kX_3y3u5Uo"]Terry Kelly - A Pittance of Time (Official Version) - YouTube[/ame]

After having served for 28 years, I still feel as though I needed to do more. It was a pleasure and I wish I was still serving.

I also wish to send thanks to all my fellow veterans and their families! You folks are truly the heroes of the nation. May God keep you safe and return you home soon if you are now separated from your loved ones.

As a Veteran, i would also like to thank the men and women who continue to serve this great country....

God bless all the men, women and families who make or have made the sacrifices that allow us to enjoy and unfortunately, sometimes take for granted what we have today.

X2 on what 68GTXMAN said as I to did my time in the Navy. I did my 20 yrs and retired. God Bless to all of our Veterns. My heart goes out to each and everyone.

Thanks for your service to all veteran's. Remember you are all in our prayers and I am eternally grateful for your sacrifices.

And Happy Belated Birthday to the Marine Corps they celebrated 238yrs on 11/10/13

Thanks to my Middle son and all Veterans,including the ones I have met.

If you can read this thank a teacher! If you are free to read and post this......Thank a veteran! Thank you and may God bless you and your families!

-
Back