vic hubbard told me....

-
i dont think so the guy said he dident remember which ones they were so i guess i need to take a head in and have all the specs checked out

That's a really good idea. Better to be 100% sure then have a serious problem on start up. 5 or 10 pounds over the recommended tension won't make much of a difference @ installed or full open but I wouldn't go over that with a flat tappet cam.

I AGREE WITH MONTE AND GTX! Don't break this cam in with more than 280-300 lbs open spring pressure and yes, the pressure over the nose is what matters vs. seat pressure.

Be sure to have them check for spring bind and retainer/guide clearance too. Are these magnum heads? If they are, don't forget to multiply lobe lift by 1.6 for your total open lift, although some lift is lost due to the mopar SB pushrod geometry.

The safest way to think is don't ever run an inner spring with break in. The seat pressure means nothing. If the open presure that kills you, like the others said. Just remove the inners on any dual spring, and you're fine.

ok, but i dont have a compressor to change the springs after, but i was thinking about using just the rope in the spark plug hole trick, but the machineist said i should have the heads done first like a valve job or sumthing becasue the valves have alot of carbon like over rick on a spark plug, maybe nitrous ran or sumthingnot sure

-
Back