Victor heads with dual snorkel scoop

-

max512wedge

Reaction score
Quick question on my 72 duster? I have TTI 2 inch headers I’m going to run with my 512 cubic inch motor that has victor heads on it. I have to run a motor plate as told to me from TTI to raise the engine to clearance the headers and torsion bars do to the victors raised port design. Now I have a dual snorkel scoop on the car that I purchased from AAR (Stinger) which is no longer in business? What I want to know is if I cut a hole in the hood will I be able to run the dual snorkel scoop on it. It’s the standard size scoop that they built to factory size and not the 4 in raised one. My engine guy is getting with me in the next few weeks on what intake to run. I really want to keep the dual snorkel scoop if I can. Here’s some pictures of my car with the snorkel scoop if that helps. Thanks guys

IMG_2986.png

IMG_2984.jpeg

IMG_2983.jpeg

Are the heads MW port window or standard? The intake you choose will be the deciding factor. I would think a Holley SD (standard port) or Indy dual plane (MW) would be worth looking at.

Cool car!

Quick question on my 72 duster? I have TTI 2 inch headers I’m going to run with my 512 cubic inch motor that has victor heads on it. I have to run a motor plate as told to me from TTI to raise the engine to clearance the headers and torsion bars do to the victors raised port design. Now I have a dual snorkel scoop on the car that I purchased from AAR (Stinger) which is no longer in business? What I want to know is if I cut a hole in the hood will I be able to run the dual snorkel scoop on it. It’s the standard size scoop that they built to factory size and not the 4 in raised one. My engine guy is getting with me in the next few weeks on what intake to run. I really want to keep the dual snorkel scoop if I can. Here’s some pictures of my car with the snorkel scoop if that helps. Thanks guys

View attachment 1716133911

View attachment 1716133912

View attachment 1716133913
Same stuff here , my throttle body is up in the 6 pack scoop , hood wont clear , but I run a victor intake too....jfyi

Jeremiah called it. It depends entirely on the intake you use. With a 240 head, you have several choices that will clear. But if you have a 270 port head, selection becomes much smaller. I'd bet that you might have trouble with super Victor or a trick Flow intake. I'd try to find out how tall indy's intake is.
I can get you measurements of my super Victor, and my max-modified TM7, if that helps.

Are the heads MW port window or standard? The intake you choose will be the deciding factor. I would think a Holley SD (standard port) or Indy dual plane (MW) would be worth looking at.

Cool car!
It’s the raised port victor.
Beautiful car there by the way! I can’t tell by the pictures is that the raised port victors. If so are those TTI 2 inch headers? I was told I need to run an engine plate do to the torsion bars and the victor head’s cause clearance issues so I have to raise the engine a bit. By the way I’m running 2 inch TTI headers.

Jeremiah called it. It depends entirely on the intake you use. With a 240 head, you have several choices that will clear. But if you have a 270 port head, selection becomes much smaller. I'd bet that you might have trouble with super Victor or a trick Flow intake. I'd try to find out how tall indy's intake is.
I can get you measurements of my super Victor, and my max-modified TM7, if that helps.
That would be much appreciated if you have the time.

That would be much appreciated if you have the time.
Okay. All measurements from the ground to the rear of the carb pad, tallest part of the manifold. (The pic of the the sv has my homemade four hole adapter for a 4150, in case I want to try my 850.)
1. 2893 super Victor, dominator pattern, max port. 6 3/8. With 1" adapter, 7 3/8
2. TM7 welded ports to match maxwedge head, 4150 carb pad. 4 1/2"
3. Bonus selection. 4532251 M1 dominator, standard port, 5 3/4"

20230827_184708.jpg

20230827_184117.jpg

20230827_184051.jpg

20230827_184030.jpg

It's really going to depend on which intake you use. Than if you want to run an air cleaner you may need a drop base, etc depending on how much clearance you have.

BB Victor heads have raised intake ports as well as raised exhaust ports.
If you have MW Victor heads your intake selection will be pretty limited.
You didn’t say if the block is a B or RB. A 512 could be done with either.
The low deck MW combo is even more limited in terms of intake options…….. at least as far as unmodified choices go.

Okay. All measurements from the ground to the rear of the carb pad, tallest part of the manifold. (The pic of the the sv has my homemade four hole adapter for a 4150, in case I want to try my 850.)
1. 2893 super Victor, dominator pattern, max port. 6 3/8. With 1" adapter, 7 3/8
2. TM7 welded ports to match maxwedge head, 4150 carb pad. 4 1/2"
3. Bonus selection. 4532251 M1 dominator, standard port, 5 3/4"

View attachment 1716134463

View attachment 1716134464

View attachment 1716134465

View attachment 1716134466
Sorry I’ve been working a lot of OT. Thanks for taking the time to measure it for me. This definitely will help me with my decision on intake.

BB Victor heads have raised intake ports as well as raised exhaust ports.
If you have MW Victor heads your intake selection will be pretty limited.
You didn’t say if the block is a B or RB. A 512 could be done with either.
The low deck MW combo is even more limited in terms of intake options…….. at least as far as unmodified choices go.
My bad it’s aRB block.

Unfortunately there are no “low” intakes made that are designed for MW ports.
As for what’s currently available new for the MW/RB platform......the Indy dual plane is probably the lowest.
It comes as-cast with std port openings, but the ports are actually MW size inside, so a simple port match is all that’s needed to use in with MW heads.

It’s listed to have a 5.25” carb pad height, but doesn’t specify which heads were used to obtain that measurement.

-
Back