Victor340 and Super Victor gasket alignment checking day.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’ll start with my true love, the Victor340. Due to my experience with one of my customers getting a new Victor340 drop shipped to my house from Summit in a “brown box” instead of the should have been nice Edelbrock box and it being screwed up I told this customer special instructions. I told him that when he ordered it he wanted one in an Edelbrock box and not one in a “brown box”. The salesman chuckled and asked why so he told him about my last experience a month ago. Well it did in fact show up in an Edelbrock box. I try to check these out within a day or two even though I won’t be starting on it so if there is an issue we can get it addressed. Well this intake is beautiful. Gasket alignment is exactly where we want it. I’m going to box this back up and I’ll be right back after I check out the Super Victor.

IMG_0702.jpeg

IMG_0703.jpeg

IMG_0704.jpeg

IMG_0705.jpeg

IMG_0706.jpeg

IMG_0708.jpeg

IMG_0709.jpeg

Ok now for the Super Victor intake. Nicely sealed in an Edelbrock box from Summit. Intake is very usable but does have very minor overhang on one center divider. Side to side you can notice the top to bottom gasket alignment is off some. It won’t affect my customer as we are porting it but for the out of the box guys let’s just say it’s not right. If you look into the plenum you will see why I offer free spacer blending. On some of the runners it just lets you shape and blend things nicer. Not a lot of meat there. Plans are if I have a head available I will do before and after numbers. Can’t guarantee that as this customer is just having an intake done.

IMG_0710.jpeg

IMG_0711.jpeg

IMG_0712.jpeg

IMG_0713.jpeg

IMG_0714.jpeg

IMG_0715.jpeg

IMG_0716.jpeg

IMG_0717.jpeg

IMG_0718.jpeg

IMG_0719.jpeg

Interesting that they’re using 1 casting between the carb and efi manifold now instead of in years past.

How much should the intake flow in relation to head flow. Should they be flowed together to get a true power potential number?

Interesting that they’re using 1 casting between the carb and efi manifold now instead of in years past.

Cheaper for them and a pain in the butt for those that want to use some of the newer fab valve covers. My super Victor that I ran years ago is why I now run spacers on everything now.

Not the same Victor340 but I started on another one today and got some roughing in done. If I could work 3 hours a day five days a week I could make some money doing this

IMG_0727.jpeg

IMG_0726.jpeg

IMG_0725.jpeg

IMG_0724.jpeg

Not completely finished yet but look at the difference. It’s close enough to being done that I can get a shipping quote. By time I get payment it will be done and boxed up ready to ship. That’s all blended with a 1/2 inch burr. I’ll finish it off with a 3/8 burr.

IMG_0777.jpeg

IMG_0774.jpeg

IMG_0775.jpeg

IMG_0776.jpeg

Blending the spacer to the manifold looks like thats worth some power all by its self, nice work !

@pittsburghracer Which intake gaskets do you recommend again? I tried to search some of your past threads but I couldn't find it. I just got my Super Victor in a "brown box" and I want to check against your pictures in this thread.

@pittsburghracer Which intake gaskets do you recommend again? I tried to search some of your past threads but I couldn't find it. I just got my Super Victor in a "brown box" and I want to check against your pictures in this thread.

Check it quick because Dorethy said they (Edelbrock) would never send one out in a brown box. I’m betting someone got it and didn’t like the EFI risers.

IMG_0535.jpeg

Check it quick because Dorethy said they (Edelbrock) would never send one out in a brown box. I’m betting someone got it and didn’t like the EFI risers.

Mine is the 28155 p/n, so its drilled for injectors as I'm going efi. Thanks for the gasket #.

All prettied up and ready to ship. Next up a set of 2.08 Edelbrock heads. I haven’t done a set of 2.08 valve heads since 2008. I did that set for a friend and he never ran them so I bought them back and have them on my duster still.

IMG_0839.jpeg

IMG_0838.jpeg

IMG_0836.jpeg

IMG_0837.jpeg

Here's my "Brown Box Special" EFI manifold. Looks the same as the one you are working on.

qs3pqwP.jpg

-
Back