Video of Duster 340 at Numedia through the exhaust

-
Nice Car!!! Nice Run!! But I couldn't see what it ran......??????????? 10's ??

10.84 through the exhaust with 4 year old street driven QuickTime-pros. Needs suspension dialed in and 2-3 slip if you listen. Going to Cecil county for better air. my wish is to get 10.0 before winter. through exhaust full trim, all metal, spare tire still mounted in trunk. stereo still in car.

10.84 through the exhaust with 4 year old street driven QuickTime-pros. Needs suspension dialed in and 2-3 slip if you listen. Going to Cecil county for better air. my wish is to get 10.0 before winter. through exhaust full trim, all metal, spare tire still mounted in trunk. stereo still in car.
Very nice, I'm sure you'll get there..........

Yeah, you'll get there. Any of the rest of us peasants, forget it. lol That thing sounds fantastic.

When was this?

you will gain 2 tenths by launching it harder. 60 feet should be 1.48-1.52 range. what was MPH?

I have to tell you all what happened at inspection. A guy walks over to the car and asks if it is a 48 or 59 degree block. My son says 59. The man looks him in the face and says Your motor is junk and it will be on the trailer after the first run.

He then tells us that he had several 59's and they do not last. He has a 48 now built by Shady Dell speed shop. ( If you guys remember He built my first motor that didn't last the Dyno pulls) He said it is the most powerful and dependable motor he has ever had.

I went Up to the track store later and saw him standing by an Altered and swung in with the buggy. He was tightening his flex plate bolts. In his 2400 lb. altered
I asked him what was up and he told me that is motor has so much power that they keep coming loose. I asked him what RPM's it sees? he told me 6500 I told him we shift at 7500 1-2 and 7800 2-3. That is in a full dress street car with the spare in the car 3600 lb street driven car.

He told me thats impossible that my motor is junk. We went 9 passes in the 10's @ rpms up to 8500 and 9000 on some. he went 1 1/2 passes @ 6500 and . they towed him off. That is carma! His time was 10.50. once

It ends up he lives dow the street from me and we do not know each other. We're are now committed to going 10.00 through the mufflers cranking the stereo driving by his pit with 4 people in the car. Asking him if he needs a tow.

Nice car 318 right???..LMFAO,of coarse it ISN'T..whats done to the engine??..

I've seen your other vids of you revving and such. An excellent car. I actually modeled my exhaust after yours (3" with dynomax bullets"). I am curious like others what you got under the hood there!

Watched the Petty Daytona Superbird video earlier. Loved hearing the hemi. So I had to watch both of these runs since I'm here. Love these also, especially telling the guy what it really is. Thanks.

416 small block ..weighing in a 3620 with driver. A lot of changes made for next Passes. Suspension and fuel mods. Fuel return already done made a big difference in throttle responce . Alt. Shut off selliniod. I will take pics of all changes, and all new front and rear suspension from Calvert on its way.

Nice running car

That's one screaming motor. Sounds awesome!

well we got down to 10.69 . Added cal-tracs, by-pass regulator . Continuous duty selenoid for alternator. 6 cyl. bars. removed stabilzer, 90-10 shocks . rich lean guages. Still needs tires. We want to wear them out whille practicing at the light. Going back this morning.Videos coming. leaving with wheels up 12 inches but still starts spinning end of low to second.

Last edited:
I'll go ahead and get the popcorn ready

-
Back