Video of My 340 Valiant on the Chassis Dyno

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
I ran my car on the chassis dyno at the Mopar's in the Park show on saturday, man that was cool! It made 298 hp at the rear wheels. Later on a couple of guys came by my car and said the tires were slipping a bit on the dyno and it should have made a bit more power, who knows, can't tell from my video. Atleast I have a "at the wheels" horsepower number! The video is a bit shakey and the sound is a little goofed up, probably from the loud noise.

Cool Video! Have you had it to the track for some 1/4 passes?

Cool Video! Have you had it to the track for some 1/4 passes?

Not yet but I am hoping to run it this weds nite in Brainerd, MN. They have wed nite street drags. I have no idea what it will run, the tires break loose way too easy on the street so I will have to learn to get them to hook at the track.

Couple of pics....8)

Picture 500.jpg

Picture 499.jpg

From watching your other videos it appears that you don't like your rear tires to much and love to beat them like a red headed stepchild! I have never done anything like that in my life. "in the last week that is"
Sweet ride.

man... how did i miss the dyno? Saw your car tho, lookin good. I've got my schedule changed at work so i can head to the Wed night street drags this summer. I might see ya run if you are up. Hopefully i'll get this 360 in so i can run a few passes myself

Wish me luck!! Going racing tonite in Brainerd for the street drags, car has never been down the track yet, hope it goes well! Eric, maybe I will see ya there, Keith.

That works out to about 1hp per cubic inch at the crank. Not bad at all. Be sure to post your times!

Well, I made 10 1/4 mile passes tonite with nothing breaking except the fan belt came off on 2 of my runs. My quickest time was 13.844 @ 104.48 mph with a .006 light. I was a little bummed out cause I thought it would do better but this was my first time running the car down the track. I was also running plain radial tires at 15 psi which incinerated like crazy in all 4 gears. I am going to order some Mickey Thompson Street ET Drag radials tommorrow, that will help. I was only shifting between 5500-6000 too, I missed a shift and got nervous about doing damage, I have a MSD 6al to install, that has a rev limiter. I have a lot too learn yet when it comes to driving this car at the track, a lot more difficult than an automatic! 8)

Dang, that is a quick light! It sounds a though you did a great job for the first time out Keith. I only hope I do as well when I get a chance to run the Dart.

Steve

You're getting rubber in all 4 gears? Cool! lol! Let us know what happens when you get some traction.

.006 is great light, were you able to do that consistently?

Dude that's pretty good given the traction problems. Get those MT's on there and launch that sucker! Your MPH indicates you could pull high 12's low 13's forsure I'd think...

Looking thru some old threads I have, this one will get a bump! I may take it back to the Mopar show again, dyno numbers may be a little higher now :grin: The weather is getting nicer too, maybe have it out in a week or 2!!! :burnout:

-
Back