-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dickyeb

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Anyone have vin pates and a clean title for a 1966 dart 2dr they would like to sell. i bought the car with a bill of sale with no title and i track down the orignal owner and he is decesed.

We do not do this kind of stuff here. FABO does not want to be known as the "Go To" place for illegal documentation.

The fact you bought a car without a title is your problem.

For all we know you may have a stolen car and want to swap vins so you can register it.

You have other "Legal" options.

Sorry to be so blunt and rude but this is exactly how someone could steal MY car, move it out of state and re-license it.

In my state they only keep records for 10 years so if it has been 10 or more since the car was licensed last and u have a vin on the car you can apply for a lost title, then a cop runs the vin and if it comes up clean you get a title. Ive done it a few times. Kind of a hassle takes time and cops dont seem to want to come do the inspection these days. All of the cars ive done it on were owned by family and friends and titles were actually lost so i guess it depends on the origin of your car and local laws.

Ya don't do that. There has to be another way to go. No one will want to buy it if they know it has been retaged. Unless you lie to them about it and thats not cool, illegal too. May try giving the DMV a call.

X2

you have other legal ways of getting it.

for instance....I basically went through the same thing here in MI when I purchased my duster.

I ended up talking with a local sheriff who told me about a "hush hush" form not many people know about.

here in MI the form was a TR-205 I believe ....which is an application for title ( not to be confused with an abandoned vehicle application or a lost title application or anything like that)but an application for a fresh clean title (and will have nothing on it that says "subject to original" as it will be considered the original.)
also there are no inspections that need to be performed like there would be with other title applications.

you basically fill out the form with the vin#, make and model and year,your name and info.

wait 15 minutes for the secretary of state (dmv) to run the vin number to see if the database shows it as stolen. if it comes back clear, you hand them $15.00 and they put the title in the mail.

there are also bonded title services that you pay money to and they will get you a title.

also if you have a family member out of state....some states only require a bill of sale....you could have that other person transfer the vehicles ownership into their name, then RE transfer it over to your name in your state and THEN your state should issue you a title.

do not resort to making your car a phonie by putting id tags on it from another car and using false paperwork.....you have other options...just look into them.

We do not do this kind of stuff here. FABO does not want to be known as the "Go To" place for illegal documentation.

The fact you bought a car without a title is your problem.

For all we know you may have a stolen car and want to swap vins so you can register it.

You have other "Legal" options.

Sorry to be so blunt and rude but this is exactly how someone could steal MY car, move it out of state and re-license it.

I couldnt agree more... find legal ways to take care of your concern.
-RPM

X2

you have other legal ways of getting it.

for instance....I basically went through the same thing here in MI when I purchased my duster.

I ended up talking with a local sheriff who told me about a "hush hush" form not many people know about.

here in MI the form was a TR-205 I believe ....which is an application for title ( not to be confused with an abandoned vehicle application or a lost title application or anything like that)but an application for a fresh clean title (and will have nothing on it that says "subject to original" as it will be considered the original.)
also there are no inspections that need to be performed like there would be with other title applications.

you basically fill out the form with the vin#, make and model and year,your name and info.

wait 15 minutes for the secretary of state (dmv) to run the vin number to see if the database shows it as stolen. if it comes back clear, you hand them $15.00 and they put the title in the mail.

there are also bonded title services that you pay money to and they will get you a title.

also if you have a family member out of state....some states only require a bill of sale....you could have that other person transfer the vehicles ownership into their name, then RE transfer it over to your name in your state and THEN your state should issue you a title.

do not resort to making your car a phonie by putting id tags on it from another car and using false paperwork.....you have other options...just look into them.

Yeah I forgot about that one, a jerk in my home town ruined a cuda i was trying to buy, he stole the fender tag and took it down and got a title then screwed the tag to his stripped out cuda drag car so he could drive it on the street again.

^^^^ well, he definately did not get a title for it with the fender tag.

well hell i feel bad now. hears the rest of the story so i dont sound like a theif. i bought the car from my in laws who knew it didnt have a title. i figure it wouldnt be har to track down the person. so i did some digging. this car has been through four diffent people in 5 years all with outh signing the title. the last person who had it lost the title and didnt transfer. so then i found the oringal title owner and he is decesed. i talk to the wife ant the other son, she was helpful but the son wanted a 500 title finder fee or he wasnt going to help me. so im grasping for straws here. just want to cruize in my mopar, just suck

Bummer, people still find ways to manipulate the system to their own advantages which sucks.

luckily the system worked for me when I had to get a title for my duster.

Got it from a guy who said " I have to get the title from the guy I bought the car from still, so how about you take the car and give me half the money and when I get the title to you....you can give me the rest of the money".

I thought...sure ,of course the guy will get me the title if he wants the rest of his money.

then a few days went by, then weeks, stopped answering my phone calls to even give me excuses any more, then his mom started getting sick of hearing the phone ring when I called for him and started making excuses for him.....finally after over a month I had had enough and decided to take care of it on my own.

got ahold of secretary of state and they told me that there was no way to go about it and that I would have to get in contact with the last registered owner to have them give me a title.....I then said I did not know the last registered owner......and they aswell as the police said they were unable to divulge such information......so I was pretty much screwed from that angle.

THEN I got ahold of the local sheriff who just happened to be a mopar fan and he told me how to go about it .....and it was a walk in the park......this has been almost 3 years ago now....so I am not sure what all forms are still obtainable.

^^^^ well, he definately did not get a title for it with the fender tag.

he did, he has it screwed to his dash right now, he said the tag has a body number so it worked. I see the car often i could snap a pic. I have the dash that came from the car with vin still attached he wants me to sell it to him.

if he had the vin number,knew the year,make and model and it had not been registered as stolen and was over (10 years old I think...maybe 15 years old) here in Michigan you can walk right into the secretary of state and get a title for it....so I believe it.

first told me that i need ed to get with the wife and go to propate court. then i told to fill out a inheritance form have her get the title do another bill of sale have her sign the title over to me. easier said then done since son not so helpfull

first told me that i need ed to get with the wife and go to propate court. then i told to fill out a inheritance form have her get the title do another bill of sale have her sign the title over to me. easier said then done since son not so helpfull

look into bonded title services on the web.

they can get pricey but not as pricey as what the son wants.

I think I have seen some places do bonded titles for around $200.00 I want to say.

research it a bit and you may find a much easier route.

Well........ That's what I would do then. As things are now this "Not so helpful" son could probably call the local Sherif and come and take your car.

Well that sucks. Sorry to here that. Sounds like the son needs a good kick in the junk.

that the way i feel probaly scrap it and get my money back

he is right, if the son wants to he could report the car stolen and have the car confiscated from you.

so time is of the essence, the sooner you figure out the title situation the sooner you can put a halt to him getting dirty with you.

the form i was telling you about was a TR-205 (thats what it shows in the secretary of states online database).....but I don't know what the form would be in your state (or if its even available in your state)

that the way i feel probaly scrap it and get my money back

not sure about in your state but here in MI you have to have a title to scrap a car......unless you cut it up into a ton of pieces first so it no longer resembles a vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back