VIN location

-

flatnose

Reaction score
Need to make sure body matches vin tag on '68 Dart.Where else do I look? Thanks. Hound

Rad support drivers side, usually under sticker.
Under the trunk seal rubber, drivers side also.

I don't think the body stamp #s will match the VIN# until 1969. The '68 body # will match the production # on the fender data tag.

I don't think the body stamp #s will match the VIN# until 1969. The '68 body # will match the production # on the fender data tag.

Exactly, the only place the VIN is located on a 68 is the tag. The other numbers will only match the original fender tag.

Mid production year '68 was when VIN stamping for engines, trans, and body was started.

These numbers are not the cars complete VIN #, but the last digits only, starting from the fifth digit (assembly plant) and so on.

Exactly, the only place the VIN is located on a 68 is the tag. The other numbers will only match the original fender tag.
If you're lucky enough to find a broadcast (build) sheet somewhere in the car, it will have the VIN and shipping order number on it along with all the option codes that should also match the fender tag.

-
Back