Vin # question

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Where on a 1966 Valiant did they put the vin # other than the tag inside the front door pillar.

There's a partial VIN also on the radiator support.

No there are not. There's an SO # there. Partial VIN didn't start intil '69 on body stamps...
Ok my bad. I knew there was something up there. The whole serisl number, SO number and VIN thing kornfrooshes me.

68 and older...

Only way to link a VIN to a car body is to have any of the following...

Build sheet
IBM card
Certicard

68 and older...

Only way to link a VIN to a car body is to have any of the following...

Build sheet
IBM card
Certicard
I have the build sheet. No IBM or Certicard. I have the plate on the door pillar on driver side with vin # on it and thats all. No core support or anywhere else on the body. I know my 76 Duster has it in 3 places I believe. thanks

If you have the broadcast (build) sheet, that will have both the VIN and SO numbers on it. Both should match what's on the car. I believe a window sales sticker would have the VIN also.

If you have the broadcast (build) sheet, that will have both the VIN and SO numbers on it. Both should match what's on the car. I believe a window sales sticker would have the VIN also.
What is the SO #. I have the vin #. I have the build sheet and there is a vin plate on the driver side door pillar but I was wanting to know if Chrysler in 1966 stamped the vin anywhere else on the body itself like in later years.

I was wanting to know if Chrysler in 1966 stamped the vin anywhere else on the body itself like in later years
I don't know when they started stamping the SEQ / SO number on the body but on 67 up it is under the rubber seal on the driver's side trunk seal about 1/2 way from front to back of the trunk opening.

It might be hard to read if there has been a repaint or two.

This is related to B body but you never know

1966 Hemi Charger Help ID

-
Back