Vintage Air Gen-IV Magnum in a dart

-

snapetwo

Reaction score
Anyone managed to squeeze a Vintage Air Gen-IV Magnum into a dart?

I am gonna go with the ISIS electrical system for the wiring on my car, and they have a kit designed to work with vintage air gen iv...that allows the controls to be all digital, ie control from an ipad or phone, etc.

I am gonna rip the dash out anyway to refurb it.....might as well take a peak at this.

is the magnum physically bigger than the gen iv with std controls? I bought my unit from a member here that has some install photos (search "johnmucci vintage air") another member was nice enough to send me some pic of their install, after I found a few shots when I was searching the forum for "vintage air install"

If you can find a local vintage air dealer He can loan you a Mock up Kit that has all the gen air units so you can decide which one is best for your application...just food for thought!!!....I had plenty of room in my 66 for the gen compac, probably enough for the unit you are looking at... its kinda like just fabricating some things to do what you need to do... I moved my wiper motor over a bit for some more room, however on your dart i don't think thats an issue...pulling the complete dash out makes for a much easier install..IMO

I"m using Gen IV Magnum, but as usual, mine can not be the model given the cutting I've done. Get a mock-up from a dealer, at most $60 and many will refund the $60 upon return. Get your stuff fabbed up and order when you're ready. ISIS is the stuff and is totally the way to go. Good call!

Ya, took a me a while to get my head around ISIS, but i understand it now.
We have 1 dealer here in the springs for Vintage Air, I called them up and asked if they had a mock up for the gen IV magnum, they said no then threw some attitude when i asked who else I can go to for it.
Got an email out to vintage air right now for the mockup.

Just spoke with Roy at Vintage Air, they have Gen IV mock ups for $60. Im gonna buy one, hopefully I can return it (waiting to hear back from them).

i installed 3 in my 69 gen 4 was tight but could be done but more room and freez your but --i have mock ups but loaned out and can seem to get them returned --i do have picture of installation if want just send email address ---roy is the right person to deal with he is who i buy from for my customers let me know if i can help

Instead of emailing photos, why don't you post 'em right HERE so the rest of us can see em?

I think im gonna try to make this use the stock hemi compressor...think that would be better. Anyone see any issues with that? i'll have to double check with VA, but I think it should work.

what is with this ISIS stuff?????? Almost $2000.00 to wire a car???? Help me with the benefits of spending that much $$$$$$$$$ Thanks Steve

Well I'm gonna use it to have modern day features like remote start w a iPhone, I'm gonna get rid of my switches and use an iPad to control the features.
Think of it, iPad in the dash and digitally turn on ur heater....awesome

And for me, my car needs to be rewired completely anyway, so either way in dropping coin on it

I tried to get the adapter blocks (that are needed for the compressor) to seal and after going thru 6 sets and making my own on the cnc, I could not get the damn things to seal properly so I got a sanden 508 and that solved my problem. You might get lucky and not have to do what I did and if so....kudo's to ya!!

i have tried to post i dont have any luck posting pictures or i would --any help or i can send to someone to post

I made my own mockup from a cardboard box and the dimensions shown in the Vintage Air catalog. Worked fine in my '64 Valiant.

-
Back