[WANTED] VINTAGE brass fitting & hose couplers PLEASE LOOK!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

odcics2

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Needed for the correct resto of the #88 Daytona axle cooler and fuel line.

Need ONE 90 degree brass 3/8 pipe x 5/8 flared (AN 10) fitting. The new stuff is junk!
Not shaped the same. Doesn't have the rounded edge....

Need a few brass 3/8 (AN 8) barbed hose ends for fuel lines.
Need a few brass 5/8 (AN 10) barbed hose ends for the axle cooler lines.

Hoping someone has a few pieces sitting in the garage or shop. Thanks.
wanted these brass fittings.JPG
wanted brass fittings like this.JPG
wanted brass fittings like these.JPG

That's not an AN-10 folitting. It is a 45° flare fitting. They do not interchange. The difference is noted in where the threads start. If there is a space from the flare to the beginning thread (like in the pic) then it a 45°

That's not an AN-10 folitting. It is a 45° flare fitting. They do not interchange. The difference is noted in where the threads start. If there is a space from the flare to the beginning thread (like in the pic) then it a 45°

^^Listen to this guy^^ Some of the AN /JIC and SAE (brass 45*) will screw together, but the flare angle is different, IE 37* for JIC/ AN and 45* for SAE, usually brass 3/8--no.6 are different thread sizes and will not even screw together between SAE and AN/ JIC.

If I remember right, no12/ 3/4 are same thread diameter but different pitch, and they will not mate, either. In any case, neither series is intended to interchange.

^^Listen to this guy^^ Some of the AN /JIC and SAE (brass 45*) will screw together, but the flare angle is different, IE 37* for JIC/ AN and 45* for SAE, usually brass 3/8--no.6 are different thread sizes and will not even screw together between SAE and AN/ JIC.

If I remember right, no12/ 3/4 are same thread diameter but different pitch, and they will not mate, either. In any case, neither series is intended to interchange.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS ^^^^^^^^
I do have some of those plumbing fittings the eels for sure.

Yes, I know AN is a 37 degree.
Oddly enough, the AN10 hose end you see was screwed onto the 90 degree fitting you see!
Here's a vintage pic, grainy, but there it was.
Used on a low pressure rear axle cooler.
fitting as seen on the #88 daytona.JPG

It may have been screwed on but the seal area is very small because of the angle differential. I wouldn't trust it.

It may have been screwed on but the seal area is very small because of the angle differential. I wouldn't trust it.

x2. In this case, I would much rather want "correct" than "historically accurate".

I wish i would have known this years ago...
But yeah they do not mix as my younger self could tell you...

Ace does not. One by me has a different style - thinned out and cheap import.

Anyway - I put the fitting into the hose end and spun the end around to get a good contact patch. I'll be the first to say, I am no hose, fitting expert. If they don't leak, I'm happy!
Ok, so what do you guys think of the contact patch?
Was I told the wrong info, from my local expert at ACE, when I started looking last week?
Is the hose end NOT an AN design????
Glad I posted this on here to get honest, real answers from knowledgeable guys! :thankyou:
fitting contact area.JPG

If the angles matched, you would not see a "contact patch" like that. These are the dimensions for "AN" fittings. If yours does not match this in every regard, it is something else. These are AN fitting dimensions since WWII:
Mechanical-JicDimensions-800.jpg

Note a mistake in this table: Col. A, Size 2, should be .062" not .620".

I think that would work, but as stated earlier not ideal. What r u trying to seal and how much pressure. Kim

Rear axle cooler. Fittings & hose ends like this were used on all the MoPar Nascar, USAC and ARCA stock cars from the mid 60s to well into the 70s. Used by Petty, Owens, Hyde, Nichels, etc. I don't know the PSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back