Vintage Dealerships

-

Rob Roy

Reaction score
Hello looking to see if anyone could find out some information/pictures about this vintage dealership tag I found in my late father’s garage any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Rob

B0D982BB-8165-47E9-9077-57BB1DF0A8E2.jpeg

Try contacting Bob Callahan Realtors in Bristol. I bet someone there might know something.

Thanks for the quick response Rusty that’s a great idea. I think I’ll try that. But if anyone else would happen to have some information/pictures that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Rob

Thanks for the quick response Rusty that’s a great idea. I think I’ll try that. But if anyone else would happen to have some information/pictures that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Rob
Sho nuff. Somebody in that office has to know something......heck google it. The building itself looks like it could have been a dealership at one time.

The dealership was at 128-134 Blountville Highway in Bristol, TN. Closed some time after 1970

Found this:

Obituary for Robert Callahan
Robert Christensen Callahan, 79, of Bristol, Tennessee, died on Monday, February 25, 2008 at his home. He was born in Norwalk, Connecticut to the late William Edmund and Amanda Christensen Callahan and moved to Bristol in 1958. He worked for Goode Motors and was the former owner and operator of Bob Callahan Dodge. He established Bob Callahan Realtors in 1975.
Survivors include his wife, Julia Winston Callahan; his daughters, Cyndy Thomas and her husband Bill and Ceil Wheeler, her husband Kenneth and their daughters Catherine and Sallie-Mason; his sons, Robert Craig Callahan and Charles Patrick Callahan; step-daughter, Lynn Godsey Powers, her husband Jud and their children, Julia Rainero, her husband John, and their son Judson, Audra Jones and her husband Blair, Nat Powers and Ed Powers; step-son, Edwin Godsey, his wife Jenny and their daughters, Sara and Anna.
The family will receive friends from 6 until 8 O?Clock Tuesday evening, February 26, 2008 at Oakley-Cook Funeral Home. The funeral service will be conducted at 2 o?clock Wednesday afternoon, February 27, 2008 at Emmanuel Episcopal Church with Rev. Wendie Jekabsons officiating. A private burial will follow in Shelby Hills Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 700 Cumberland Street, Bristol, VA 24201, or to a favorite charity. Condolences and memories may be shared with the family and viewed by visiting www.oakley-cook.com. Mr. Callahan and his family are in the care of Oakley Cook Funeral Home.

And this:
https://capitol.tn.gov/bills/105/Bill/HJR1068.PDF

The dealership was at 128-134 Blountville Highway in Bristol, TN. Closed some time after 1970

Found this:

Obituary for Robert Callahan
Robert Christensen Callahan, 79, of Bristol, Tennessee, died on Monday, February 25, 2008 at his home. He was born in Norwalk, Connecticut to the late William Edmund and Amanda Christensen Callahan and moved to Bristol in 1958. He worked for Goode Motors and was the former owner and operator of Bob Callahan Dodge. He established Bob Callahan Realtors in 1975.
Survivors include his wife, Julia Winston Callahan; his daughters, Cyndy Thomas and her husband Bill and Ceil Wheeler, her husband Kenneth and their daughters Catherine and Sallie-Mason; his sons, Robert Craig Callahan and Charles Patrick Callahan; step-daughter, Lynn Godsey Powers, her husband Jud and their children, Julia Rainero, her husband John, and their son Judson, Audra Jones and her husband Blair, Nat Powers and Ed Powers; step-son, Edwin Godsey, his wife Jenny and their daughters, Sara and Anna.
The family will receive friends from 6 until 8 O?Clock Tuesday evening, February 26, 2008 at Oakley-Cook Funeral Home. The funeral service will be conducted at 2 o?clock Wednesday afternoon, February 27, 2008 at Emmanuel Episcopal Church with Rev. Wendie Jekabsons officiating. A private burial will follow in Shelby Hills Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 700 Cumberland Street, Bristol, VA 24201, or to a favorite charity. Condolences and memories may be shared with the family and viewed by visiting www.oakley-cook.com. Mr. Callahan and his family are in the care of Oakley Cook Funeral Home.

And this:
https://capitol.tn.gov/bills/105/Bill/HJR1068.PDF

Must have been a bit of a"dealership row" this was at 143-147

Screenshot_20220912_075449.jpg

You guys are awesome thanks so much for all the help and great information. I love this tag because how it relates to one of my favourite movies Tommy Boy. I would still love to see if anyone here could find a better picture of that dealership from back in the day or maybe I’ll contact one of the family members to see if they can help me out. Thanks so much again everyone!!!
Cheers
Rob Roy

-
Back