-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossfornova

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a set of vintage Mopar DC small block (340 LA) valve covers in new or very good used condition. I've attached a pic of type I'm interested in locating.

Thanks, Lee

Mopar DC valve covers.jpg

I have a brand new set. Nothing but the covers will send pics a little later.

These were a set I bought back in the day. 1 cover has the high center and the other cover is not that high like you show. The rubber gaskets were inside the cover. Looking to get $200 plus the shipping. Lower cover center is not as high as the other 1.

DSCN7624.JPG

DSCN7625.JPG

oh sorry, I thought you had 2 sets, one with box and one without and $200 for unboxed set.

I showed 1 pic to show they were never installed and the top of them is other pic.

Those are not DC...those are original Lil red expess valve covers...DC never had wire loom brackets

i think these are what he is looking for. man used to be able to buy them for 50 bucks new. infact the valve covers on our dart are these chrome valve covers scuffed and painted orange. lol. now the damn things are close to 300 bucks. if you ever stumble on them for under 200 bucks grab them.

IMG_20221117_085148.jpg

IMG_20221117_085237.jpg

IMG_20221117_085355.jpg

IMG_20221117_085429.jpg

IMG_20221117_085434.jpg

If anyone has 2 NOS Drivers side DC chrome valve covers they want to sell, please send me a PM and it will help both @Bossfornova and myself. I have an NOS set that had 2 passenger side valve covers in the box when I opened it a while back, after having it for years! :BangHead: Slim chance it could work out but will be nice if it could! I will PM the OP to discuss.

Looking for a set of vintage Mopar DC small block (340 LA) valve covers in new or very good used condition. I've attached a pic of type I'm interested in locating.

Thanks, Lee

View attachment 1716011194

They are getting pretty tough to find and when you do they’re usually pretty spendy. One option to consider is find a nice set of original painted ones, you can remove the wire loom brackets, smoothen them out and get them chrome plated, might even be cheaper. Plus, the chrome plating on the old direct connection stuff was not all that great, getting a set chrome plated, they may actually be even nicer than NOS ones.

i think these are what he is looking for. man used to be able to buy them for 50 bucks new. infact the valve covers on our dart are these chrome valve covers scuffed and painted orange. lol. now the damn things are close to 300 bucks. if you ever stumble on them for under 200 bucks grab them.

View attachment 1716011610

View attachment 1716011611

View attachment 1716011612

View attachment 1716011613

View attachment 1716011614
Yes, those are the ones I was looking to locate.

They are getting pretty tough to find and when you do they’re usually pretty spendy. One option to consider is find a nice set of original painted ones, you can remove the wire loom brackets, smoothen them out and get them chrome plated, might even be cheaper. Plus, the chrome plating on the old direct connection stuff was not all that great, getting a set chrome plated, they may actually be even nicer than NOS ones.
The ones I have now and those that I bought new (including a tall set for a W2 motor and a few BB sets) were really stout and had nice chrome .

I bought those covers back in 78 when I had my 71 340 Duster. Back then nobody gave a s__t what they came from as long as they were chrome. Now everybody is so freaking fussy it's a whole different venue. It's good that some people know what things are used for. I guess a lot of stuff back then was surplus Chrysler had that they wanted to dump and some mail order houses bought it from Chrysler and sold it to unsuspecting customers. Although The time period I bought them is when the Lil red express was out. They would have been right at home in a factory car because my original covers off the motor have the wire looms. I'm looking for $200 plus shipping.

Is there a first and second generation of the DC ones? I have a set of something in the attic and IIRC there was a chrome air filter housing as well up there.

Please DM me, system won't allow me to start a new conversation. Not sure why, seems I've reached some kind of max threshold. Let me know, I am interested in purchasing.

Lee

Please DM me, system won't allow me to start a new conversation. Not sure why, seems I've reached some kind of max threshold. Let me know, I am interested in purchasing.

Lee
Leave a couple of your un-used conversations (Clear in box). Non-gold members only have 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back