Vintage stereo

-

CUDACOX

Reaction score
Okay, I am almost 57, and for some reason my older brother is bending my arm to get into an old vintage stereo again!
We both had decent stuff back in the day when we lived with mom and dad. Just wondering who is still into, or recently put together an old stereo with turntable?

I am. I have a Sansui AU-11000a amp and TU-9900 tuner that rotate with a AU-717 amp and TU-717 tuner, SE-7 equalizer, Daul 604 turntable, Yamaha CD player, Klipsch KG-4 speakers and a Klipsch subwoofer. I have photos of the amps but can't find photos of the whole system? It sounds awesome but is at my sons home right now cause I'm temporarily living in an RV. Forgot the Sansui AX-7 Mixer, not hooked up.

IMAG0012.JPG

Last edited:
We still have an old school system in the house, been collecting dust for the last few years but it ain't going anywhere. Supertramp's Crime of the Century is sitting on the turntable, one of my wife's favorites.

Go for it :thumbsup:,I have been a two channel guy since the 70's.I have a bit more than most tied up in my set up but I really enjoy it.

59 here and decided last year to put together a vintage stereo with garage sale/thrift shop stuff for the shop. Still working on cleaning and servicing components but everything works now. I am currently using a belt drive Pioneer turntable that I installed a new belt and cartridge in but I recently found a direct drive Denon that I am working on. Once that is done I need to get it all set up in the shop. I had a great system back in the 80's and still have most of my records. Nothing like a beer or ....... and a little Bad Company, AC/DC, Nazareth on vinyl.

stereo.JPG

records.JPG

Last edited:
I have a midgrade Akai turntable, an old Pioneer tuner and these old school Shure stage speakers/monitors they're AWESOME!! I also have a decent modern tuner in the house that may as well be in the shop.
I'll get it all hooked up again "someday"
Thrift stores, value village is great for this stuff.

20150510_162929.jpg

20230221_224623.jpg

In my single days I had a Denon receiver/amp and a pair of Cerwin Vega speakers, the system we have now my wife bought long ago when she worked in an electronics shop. It consists of an Integra receiver, Denon 6 disc cd player, Riga turntable and Bowers and Wilkins tower speakers.

I've been looking for old Bose 901s or 301s to pair up with my Polk Audios. I have an Onkyo and Sony receiver and Sony disk player.

i run a pioneer sx 1010 a technics turntable, some jbls l112s in tandem with a set of jbl 4312s not pictured

IMG_20221201_200611676_MF_PORTRAIT_2.jpg

Hafler 500 amp, Hafler preamp both upgraded by Musical Concepts, Thorens TD-125 turntable with Shure SME tone arm and Dynavector moving coil DV-10x5 cartridge. Infinity RS III speakers and a Wadia i170 I-Pod dock. One of my kids will get it.

Last edited:
Luxman R117 receiver that I found at the dump (not a scratch, one cap and she was back baby), technics SL-3 turntable, Energy 22 speakers, and Luxman CD player. I've got a couple more receivers.......A pioneer QX 747 Quadraphonic receiver, and a Marantz 1530 that my neighbour gave me when he moved.

Oh, and a GE VHS player :)

I have a midgrade Akai turntable, an old Pioneer tuner and these old school Shure stage speakers/monitors they're AWESOME!! I also have a decent modern tuner in the house that may as well be in the shop.
I'll get it all hooked up again "someday"
Thrift stores, value village is great for this stuff.

View attachment 1716053742

View attachment 1716053743
Man, those speakers look taller than me!

I have a David Hafler amp, tuner and receiver that I bought as a kit in the 90s. Had a sweet Dual CS5000 turntable that I brought in for repair and they lost it in a move. Miss that one.

IMG_20230222_090906.jpg

I do have some Toshiba, MTX, JVC as well. I rotate them around in my music room. The Sansui B-2101 power amp is by far my favorite but the Sansui 819 a close second.

IMG20230222092458.jpg

IMG20230222092505.jpg

IMG20230222092603.jpg

Shure stage speakers/monitors
LOL... I used a set of those on stage back in the day when I was in bands. Look at my one picture. I just reworked them and use them at home now. My one singer used to call them "Vocal Smashers" he hated them.

Shure stage speakers/monitors
Those you have look nice. Mine are a bit beat up from years of road use. None of the speakers in them are original anymore. Do you still have the amp that came with them? They had a real good spring type reverb in them. True 60's sound right there :thumbsup:

-
Back