Vintage Stewart Warner tach with pertronix

-

smokinnjokin

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I am trying to get a working tach setup in my '67 satellite and am having issues.

I have a Stewart Warner greenline 6k electronic tach 432967, but can't find a sending unit for v8.

1) Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket/reproduction v8 sending unit that will work on this tach, or do I have to get the vintage auto meter part?
2) If you have a good v8 sending unit or know of where I can buy one, it would be greatly appreciated.
3) I have a gen 1 pertronix ignition (basically just swaps points for a magnetic pickup), negative wire coming off coil to tach sending unit should still work right? I don't think the gen 1 pertronix is a true electronic ignition, it has no ecu.

There are several people marketing various electronic tach circuit boards. I would search and contact some of them, not necessarily Mopar. The external sender tachs, whether Sun, Motorola, etc, are only an analog meter movement. The circuit board produces power to drive the meter. If you get one that is quite adjustable, you should be able to calibrate it to that meter

Finished product. Gave up trying to get the convertor box working and paid for an original sending unit.
D229C8B7-81BE-48E3-9892-814FA25B8142.jpeg
3D3B2264-388A-4F9C-9356-0D5DB8BE363E.jpeg

-
Back