Vinyl Roof Revival HELP Needed

-

Criscobath

Reaction score
I have a 73 Swinger with a gold vinyl top. It's got some age and some tears. However, it's going to be a while before I can get a Legendary replacement. I want to make the one I have look as good as it can. I've tried some of the big box store name brand vinyl dressing, but it just gets sucked into the grain of the vinyl with little improvement to the vinyl.

Here's a pic of the subject...

074.jpg

Is there a product out there you guys have had some success with? Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

You can try baby oil. If you drive the car in the rain it will probably make a mess on the windshield, but if it's only a good weather car, give it a shot.

George

I don't know if you want to go this far but I painted my vinyl roof and yes, it does suck up the paint but it looks nice when it was done. You would have to match the color, and then use a quart of gloss oil base paint and a quart of satin and then mix the 2 together. It seemed like this gave the right amount of shine. Each quart ran something like 11-12 bucks so the final costs was less than $30 and an afternoon of work. Just my 2 cents worth. P.S. This gave 2 coats with a little left over for any touchups latter on.

one of my dads buddies says he uses transmission fluid on his light caots it and the top soaks it up then wipe it off u might try a small spot i have also used goop handcleaner on olod vynl seats rub it in then spray with watter bottle and wipe clean.

I've heard the trans fluid idea on scorched paint. The paint idea is intriguing. I was really hoping for a miracle cure, spray it on and forget it type affair.

-
Back