vinyl seat repair

-

wlecat

Reaction score
Have a rip in the top of thr back seat. Any ideas on repair besides the obvious?

1. Take it to the upholstery shop and have it sewn up if the material is still good enough.

2. If the rip can't be sewn up then have the needed panels sewn in.

3. See if anyone has a good used cover from when they installed new covers.

4. Put some type of seat cover on it.

5. Get a new replacement cover.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beY22DTlTKQ"]vinyl and leather repair professional - YouTube[/ame]

I'm afraid you'll find the short horizontal panel in front of the package shelf was ruined by the sun. There is nothing much underneath it to provide support either.
Good luck with it.

sorry I couldn't upload the picture before for some unknown reason. Here it is.
Thanks for your suggestions. Oklacarcollecto #2 suggestion (just replace that panel) seems like the best for me. I wasn't aware they could do that, I hope they can.
The other suggestions will work well for the small tears on the front bench seat I picked up to replace the buckets that were too far gone (need padding & recovering).

Attachments

• WP_20130518_008.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 136
My Valiant's bench seat was in great shape except for a huge tear right under the drivers butt. I found the correct material at S&S or SMS fabric. Had them send me a small roll of it and then I took it down to the upholstery shop and had them sew it in. Only cost about $150 total and the seat looks good again. Plus I have extra material in case it ever happens again.

-
Back