Vinyl Top Care

-

Mopar4Play

Reaction score
Does any one have a product they can reccommend for caring for a vinyl top? I have a black top and would like for it to shine but don't want to damage it?:shaking:

It's hard to keep a black top looking nice and black. I had a 66 Chevelle, silver with a black top and the only thing I found that really worked was Vinyl spray dye.

I would just re-dye the top once or twice a year. Worked for me and looked great.

How about the old stand-by, Armor All?

NO!!!!! Armor all will actually dry out the material. It will make things like dash pads and vinyl top parts shiny and spiffy looking but they will get hard and crack after a while.

The best thing I have found is the stuff used for shining and cleaning leather, vinyl, latex and rubber clothes. It cleans, conditions and shines the best. There are a billion names out there just do a search for "latex shine" or "rubber shine" in google/yahoo shopping or ebay or just goto your local sex/fetish shop. The stuff is cheap.

note....Yes I know I am a pervert! Another handy tip....Bondage tape is cheaper and better than the crap that yearone sells to wrap up your wiring harness.

Thanks, I guess I will try the sex shop first and if that doesn't work then I guess I'll keep going back and try something else.:snakeman:

What about the wax that is used on a Harley for the leather bags?

Maybe shoot an email to ZAINO and see what they call for?

31W349EBZYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The best I've found is Turtle Wax's F21. It doesn't come off onto the body/windows like ArmorAll does the minute you drive down the road at any kind of speed. Give it a shot, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
BTW, I soak a sponge with it and apply it back and forth across the roof, covering it in stages.

HPIM1521.jpg

HPIM1526.jpg

-
Back