Vinyl Top Clips

-

1966er

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the vinyl top molding clips.

The previous po gave me the moldings, but not the clips.

I will need these when I install the moldings.

thanks.....

when i got my 72 dart, someone had already removed the vinyl roof. the 72 had studs on the sides and i think holes across the back, not sure as mine were ground off and filled. i bought a set of vinyl roof clips for a 71 and drilled all the holes back out. worked great. bought mine from altha fasteners in florida. if you need a number let me know. dave.

Still ROFL @ your signature line :cheers:

The "Toe".....A device used for finding furniture in the dark...

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm sure one of the members will help U....

Still ROFL @ your signature line :cheers:

The "Toe".....A device used for finding furniture in the dark...

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm sure one of the members will help U....

lol which one? LOL:banghead:

Go to rtspecialties.net. They sell the vinyl top trim clips. Roughly $20 for a set. That's where I got my clips at. Nice people to deal with, fast shipping

Also on the sides (sail panels) they had 3 screws with small heads on each side that the side pieces clip onto

when i got my 72 dart, someone had already removed the vinyl roof. the 72 had studs on the sides and i think holes across the back, not sure as mine were ground off and filled. i bought a set of vinyl roof clips for a 71 and drilled all the holes back out. worked great. bought mine from altha fasteners in florida. if you need a number let me know. dave.

They're not showing anything available for Dart. Do you have a part number or picture from them?

If they had the heads on the sail panels, then the po grinned them down and drilled 3/16th holes in stead.

They are screws.. so the PO probably just took them out..In which case your going to have to find screws that fit the holes, and have heads that will snap inside the trim pieces.. the clips that hold the trim down have a stud that goes through the hole and gets a self cutting nut (speed nut) that holds them in place... the first 3 holes on each sail panel are totally inaccesable from inside the trunk/back seat area.. so there would be no way to tighten the clips down.. I would assume this is why Ma Mopar put screws there.. as for what the clips look like, as I said earlier if you go to rtspecialties.net and search for Dart.. the clip set comes up, and there is a picture so you can see what they look like.. like I said, thats where I got my clips... I had no clips left and had no clue what they looked like til I found them there... lol

Is this what you are talking about. http://rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1000135

If so, what will I use to hold the sail panel trim?

As you said, I will not be able to get to the sail panel in order to tighten them down.

Yup... those are the clips.. as for the sail panels, as i said your gonna have to find screws that will fit, on my dart, there were 5 holes per sail panel.. the first hole just past the quarter glass takes a stainless steel screw (there should be a hole in the sail panel trim, right it meets up just below the rain gutter, ) the next 3 holes are the ones that had special small phillips headed screws that the side trim snaps onto.. the 5th hole was way out towards the end of the sail panel itself.. that hole takes a clip (you can access that hole from inside the trunk) ... I believe I have a couple sail panel screws left (from a parts car) ... next time I am at my friends garage were we restored my Dart I will dig one out, take a pic for you and get some measurements so you can get something that will work.... probably wont be until Monday though...

Yup... those are the clips.. as for the sail panels, as i said your gonna have to find screws that will fit, on my dart, there were 5 holes per sail panel.. the first hole just past the quarter glass takes a stainless steel screw (there should be a hole in the sail panel trim, right it meets up just below the rain gutter, ) the next 3 holes are the ones that had special small phillips headed screws that the side trim snaps onto.. the 5th hole was way out towards the end of the sail panel itself.. that hole takes a clip (you can access that hole from inside the trunk) ... I believe I have a couple sail panel screws left (from a parts car) ... next time I am at my friends garage were we restored my Dart I will dig one out, take a pic for you and get some measurements so you can get something that will work.... probably wont be until Monday though...

Ok, I understand now.....I'll go ahead and order those clips.

If you find one of those screws, post a pic please.

thanks for the help on this....

see mine has like nailheads on the Dutchman panel... so im looking for those clips lol

see mine has like nailheads on the Dutchman panel... so im looking for those clips lol

I'm kinda thinking that is what happened to mine.

When I resanded down the top in that area, I saw 4 little rounds outlines about 1/8" in dia..

I thought that they were close welds put there by the PO.

So, I drilled them out thinking that the clips needed would be the push in type.

I'll wait and see what turns up in this thread.

interestingly enough, my 69 Dart and the 69 Parts Dart that I got the vinyl top trim off of (my originals were hammered) in the center of the dutchman panel, there were two of the small screws just like the ones on the sail panels.. I just drilled the holes out a little bigger so I could just use the clips since that area is accesable from in the trunk.. As for the screws on the sail panels, at first I figured someone put those on my car for some reason, but when the parts Dart wound up having the exact same little screws with the trim snapped over them I pretty confidant that Ma Mopar did it..

interestingly enough, my 69 Dart and the 69 Parts Dart that I got the vinyl top trim off of (my originals were hammered) in the center of the dutchman panel, there were two of the small screws just like the ones on the sail panels.. I just drilled the holes out a little bigger so I could just use the clips since that area is accesable from in the trunk.. As for the screws on the sail panels, at first I figured someone put those on my car for some reason, but when the parts Dart wound up having the exact same little screws with the trim snapped over them I pretty confidant that Ma Mopar did it..

I went to look back on R/T Specialties site and found these. http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1000124

I was thinking if they are just wide enough to snap unto the mounding. If so, I could either use screws or rivets to hold them in place.

-
Back