[WANTED] Vinyl top trim fasteners

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is funny 4spdragtop, but let me try and help the OP out.

Johnnycaker, you posting a picture here of the type of clip you are looking for might help in your search.
That's the problem, I don't know what they look like..All I know is there's 2 different styles per side. Studs in back, snap on the sides, with no access to the underside

Cant access them if headliner is pulled away?
The headliner doesn’t come down that far. As I remember it the clip closest to the quarter window is held on with a stud with a nut on the inside. Then there are two or three flat head like screws that the molding clips into. Then there are clips with studs bolted through the dutchman panel.

D9129866-A743-4020-9ED6-21D9BDC0D479.jpeg
Pic

I looked of these screws with the odd head for months, (maybe a year!) and never did find a source for my 1970 Dart GT. I was told they were "wafer head screws". I ended up drilling out the screw holes to the size of the other clips and getting to the back of them through the trunk above the wheel well. It wasn't easy, but it worked. I'm sure that the factory didn't do that because of the time it would take on the assembly line to have somebody climb into the trunk and feel around for the posts to put a nut on, blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back