Vinyl Wrap Colors

-

66RedFish

Reaction score
I'm thinking of using vinyl wrap, rather than paint, to clean up an area under the hood (but not so near the engine that heat should be an issue). An exact color match isn't essential, but I'd like to get it reasonably close to the body paint color. Any suggestions on the best way to do this, short of getting sample swatches of the various possible colors and doing a side-by-side comparison? Any recommendations on the "best" brand of wrap to use? The color I'm trying to match is pretty close to Plymouth's PPG-1 red shade.

I'm thinking of using vinyl wrap, rather than paint, to clean up an area under the hood (but not so near the engine that heat should be an issue). An exact color match isn't essential, but I'd like to get it reasonably close to the body paint color. Any suggestions on the best way to do this, short of getting sample swatches of the various possible colors and doing a side-by-side comparison? Any recommendations on the "best" brand of wrap to use? The color I'm trying to match is pretty close to Plymouth's PPG-1 red shade.
Correction, the body color is PP-1 "Bright Red".

I looked into a "custom" tape stripe for my Charger cop car. There are color swatch cards from different manufacturers. I can't remember if they were free or not, but if I paid anything for them it wasn't much. But there are different qualities of vinyl, so you don't want one that's going to fade, etc.

stop by a vinyl wrap shop thay be happy to match your color and sale you a piece what ever size you need!

You can never go wrong with 3M products. There are other great products out there as well. You can also get the chrome”Cool it” heat tape for the firewall.

[email protected] is the only company I know of that can custom match colors. Most can only buy specific colors from 3m etc. You might consider painting it tho after you get the cost for it.
Good luck with your project!

-
Back