Viper SRT10 rims on a 65 Barracuda?

-
Just get SRT10 lx wheels with 5x115 pattern and bolt them on to your 5x4.5 stuff. They work fine, then at least when you realize how heavy and retarded they look on an old Mopar you will have a normal bolt pattern to use.

I see two options here....

Spend a bunch of money (and we are talking thousands if you want those on the front and rear), time and effort to put performance killing, 40 pound wheels on your car.

Or....

Buy wheels that fit.

I started with a 1971 Demon 6-cylinder in dark metallic green. Now it has a 440/727 and 8 3/4 rear with 3.91 Suregrip. It has fiberglass fenders, bumpers, deck lid, & Aero hood. I am painting the the car John Deere "Blitz Black". Everyone of us has a different view of there near perfect ride. For now... this is mine. If someone wants to spend time & money on wheels, paint, or twin turbo. I say go for it. And this site has some much knowledge available... why not help the A-Bodies Only family with good advice. :D No harm in giving advice as long as it in a positive direction.

I use to have a 1970 Barracuda 383-2bbl convertible. I had it restored and added a shaker hood, rubber bumpers, and 15x7 Ralleys. I painted it Lime light green. People either loved it or hated it. I love the high impact bright colors. Go with what you like. I wasn't trying to win a popularity contest. Just made her how I would have order it. It was made for cruising. Good luck with your build.

why not help the A-Bodies Only family with good advice. :D No harm in giving advice as long as it in a positive direction.

I understand this point but....

If I had a friend that wanted to hit himself in the head with a baseball bat, I think it would be more helpful to take the bat away instead of correcting his grip.

Wow ok way to be negative. IMO this would look pretty bad ***. How many early a bodies do you see with SRT10 rims on them? none? lol thats my point its different. Personally im tired of seeing Centerline pizza cutter rims and the same typical colors on old mopars. Get creative, think longterm, and build something no one else has! and Mopardrt shut up bro haha. Michigan 2016 is still in the plans.

Wow ok way to be negative. IMO this would look pretty bad ***. How many early a bodies do you see with SRT10 rims on them? none? lol thats my point its different. Personally im tired of seeing Centerline pizza cutter rims and the same typical colors on old mopars. Get creative, think longterm, and build something no one else has!

I see two options here....

Spend a bunch of money (and we are talking thousands if you want those on the front and rear), time and effort to put performance killing, 40 pound wheels on your car.

Or....

Buy wheels that fit.

WHy aren't they killing the performance on an SRT Viper? If they are heavy maybe he just cares about looks anyway.

To the OP: I'd like to know the exact size of those wheels. Backspacing. Overall width. height. Bolt pattern.

WHy aren't they killing the performance on an SRT Viper? If they are heavy maybe he just cares about looks anyway.

To the OP: I'd like to know the exact size of those wheels. Backspacing. Overall width. height. Bolt pattern.

We are talking about the SRT10 Truck Wheels.

From what i have gathered, the Ram Srt10 rims are a 5x5.5" bolt pattern. You can get them in either 20x10 or 22x10.

From what i have gathered, the Ram Srt10 rims are a 5x5.5" bolt pattern. You can get them in either 20x10 or 22x10.

22X10, 20x10, 22x9, 20x9, 5X5.5 +25.4 offset. 6.5" backspacing.

To the OP. In the rear this would be a potential issue if you have the 10" wheels. . Unless you ran a rear that was about 1-2" narrower than stock it will not work. The 9" will if you use custom axles but will not with a BP adaptor.

In the front you are limited to 2.5" to the outside. The 10" wheel has 3.5". It will not work, period. The 9"wheel has 2.5" which would work but only if your brake rotor had the 5.5" bolt pattern. It will not work with a BP adaptor.

In the rear. With a rear end that was 2" narrower than stock you can use BP adaptors and make it work. With a rear that is 1" narrower you can use 5.5" BP custom axles.

I the front you need to have rotors with the 5.5 pattern. It's the only solution.

To the OP. In the rear this would be a potential issue if you have the 10" wheels. . Unless you ran a rear that was about 1-2" narrower than stock it will not work. The 9" will if you use custom axles but will not with a BP adaptor.

In the front you are limited to 2.5" to the outside. The 10" wheel has 3.5". It will not work, period. The 9"wheel has 2.5" which would work but only if your brake rotor had the 5.5" bolt pattern. It will not work with a BP adaptor.

In the rear. With a rear end that was 2" narrower than stock you can use BP adaptors and make it work. With a rear that is 1" narrower you can use 5.5" BP custom axles.

I the front you need to have rotors with the 5.5 pattern. It's the only solution.
I've got a second housing that will be shortened for the wheel tubs anyways. I haven't figured out how much to shorten just yet but I'm not too concerned. The axles will also have the 5x5" bolt pattern so I think the rear will work when I'm ready. The thing I'm concerned about is the front. Besides getting the correct bolt pattern in the rotors, what about tire rub on the control arms and the fender? That's really my main concern now

The thing I'm concerned about is the front. Besides getting the correct bolt pattern in the rotors, what about tire rub on the control arms and the fender? That's really my main concern now

The issue you'll have (if there is one) is to the inside. Now ther are 2 places you can look to for some info. One is a call to RMS suspension. The other is www.protouringmopar.com.

I've got a second housing that will be shortened for the wheel tubs anyways. I haven't figured out how much to shorten just yet but I'm not too concerned. The axles will also have the 5x5" bolt pattern so I think the rear will work when I'm ready. The thing I'm concerned about is the front. Besides getting the correct bolt pattern in the rotors, what about tire rub on the control arms and the fender? That's really my main concern now

The 18x9's size will fit if the backspace is correct. On the 18x9's with the 5.5" pattern the offset I saw was 25mm, which works out to a backspace of 6". That will leave plenty of room at the suspension, but it will be tight on the fenders. You should be able to run a 255/40/18 and still clear. Assuming of course you can manage a 5x5.5" pattern on your rotor, because there's no room for a spacer.

Other option would be the 18x9" replica's with a 5x115mm pattern, the ones I saw only have a backspace of 18mm though, so it would be even tighter on the fenders. And I don't like the idea of running a true 5x115mm pattern wheel on a 5x114.3 bolt pattern. There's enough difference to cause issues. Maybe not everyday in normal conditions, but its not the same pattern.

where is everyone finding these replica rims? id be interested for sure in the 18x9 for the front

72blunblue! i work right around the corner from where your challenger is at! is it being worked on at Modern Classics? i see that thing everyday and even got to hear it today. It sounds bad ***!

where is everyone finding these replica rims? id be interested for sure in the 18x9 for the front

The 5x115mm rims...
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-OE-SRT10-Wheels-Black-5x115-Dodge-Charger-Challenger-Magnum-/350854170422?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item51b089c736&vxp=mtr"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-OE-SRT10-Wheels-Black-5x115-Dodge-Charger-Challenger-Magnum-/350854170422?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item51b089c736&vxp=mtr[/ame]

The 5x5.5" rims...
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Dodge-Ram-1500-SRT10-Style-Set-of-Four-New-Matte-Black-Wheels-Rims-2223-/400613429580?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item5d466bd14c&vxp=mtr"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Dodge-Ram-1500-SRT10-Style-Set-of-Four-New-Matte-Black-Wheels-Rims-2223-/400613429580?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item5d466bd14c&vxp=mtr[/ame]

I think the 5x5.5" version looks more accurate, but the 5x115mm rims would be easier to mount. You could probably just have the stock rotors re-drilled for the that pattern by offsetting it from the original 5x114.3. I wouldn't use them on the original 5x114.3mm pattern myself, but that's just me. I know people have done it.

72blunblue! i work right around the corner from where your challenger is at! is it being worked on at Modern Classics? i see that thing everyday and even got to hear it today. It sounds bad ***!

Although I appreciate the nice sentiments, that's not my car at Modern Classics. I do all of my own work on my cars, and I'm still using my Challenger as my daily driver. Unfortunately, it doesn't look nearly as nice in person as it does in my signature.

The 5x115mm rims...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-OE-SRT10..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item51b089c736&vxp=mtr

The 5x5.5" rims...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Dodge-Ra..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item5d466bd14c&vxp=mtr

Although I appreciate the nice sentiments, that's not my car at Modern Classics. I do all of my own work on my cars, and I'm still using my Challenger as my daily driver. Unfortunately, it doesn't look nearly as nice in person as it does in my signature.
ya i hear ya. I used to jog around the block where youre at and that challenger caught my eye every time i passed it lol. Great looking car man i envy it!

I've read this, then re-read it, and now it's all clear as ketchup

-
Back