VIRUS HITTING CLOSE TO HOME

-
OK- clarification on the President's time frame.

He said the peak was expected in 2 weeks.

Wasn't that what was said uh, 2 weeks ago?

I don’t want to make this political but Trump needs to let the doctors do most of the talking. A pandemic isn’t a business.

I have preached and preached to people at work and they just say the same old things well if I die it's my time. Or some stupid **** like that. There is probably 4 people that i know that are taking it seriously and trying to be proactive about it

Ask those people why they don’t care about those around them. If I ever heard my dad say that I would slap him across the face for not thinking about us.

Ask those people why they don’t care about those around them. If I ever heard my dad say that I would slap him across the face for not thinking about us.
thought you might enjoy this (not about covid, but easy to make application)

That would be 30,000 (now more) since they started counting, which is more than a month ago, probably around two months ago-which doesn’t detract from your concerns at all.

Actually it was 30,000+/- dead in a month. It is now 32,000+/- dead in a month today with 35+/- current total. Not since they started counting. The date is highlighted. Deaths were still very low a month ago, if you call a few thousand low. This has all started to exponentially increase since the beginning of March more or less. I will be watching for the day I see the curve turn over and start to flatten out or drop.

C8DD5DB8-908B-4BD9-A840-4C8910E089F8.png

F7B38AD9-D040-4F76-A5B3-3D29379D1CA1.png

Last edited:
They think it's just a cold and the media is blowing it out of proportion and it "only" kills the weak. Like those people dont matter. Makes me so angry. My wife has asthma she has since she was a kid probably from both her parents smoking around her for her first 18 years. But I'm taking this very seriously and have quarantined myself away from my wife and kids. It sucks but to me it's better than taking any chances.

They think it's just a cold and the media is blowing it out of proportion and it "only" kills the weak. Like those people dont matter. Makes me so angry. My wife has asthma she has since she was a kid probably from both her parents smoking around her for her first 18 years. But I'm taking this very seriously and have quarantined myself away from my wife and kids. It sucks but to me it's better than taking any chances.

This is what really bothers me. People don’t realize there is so much more to this then just getting sick and dying. I don’t care what kind of virus it is. If someone you are close with gets the flu (any flu) and dies then you will be wondering if you are the one that gave it to them. If my grandmother dies from this then I will always be wondering who she got it from. This is way more complex then “it was her time to go”.

This is what really bothers me. People don’t realize there is so much more to this then just getting sick and dying. I don’t care what kind of virus it is. If someone you are close with gets the flu (any flu) and dies then you will be wondering if you are the one that gave it to them. If my grandmother dies from this then I will always be wondering who she got it from. This is way more complex then “it was her time to go”.
Yep I agree 100 percent I have been a germaphobe for a while now it started for me years before this recent pandemic. My wife has severe germaphobia and other issues and thru the years I have adopted her fears I'm not as severe as her but I'm just more aware I dont panic when I get a cold or anything like that but the flu scares the **** out of me and food preparation is a big fear for me I rarely eat out and when I do its somewhere I know and have eaten at before I don't try new places lol i don't other peoples cooking. If we have a potluck or something at work I wont eat it I dont eat at family gatherings etc I'm not afraid of getting dirty or anything like that Its mainly other peoples hygiene that bothers me.

This is good news to me. If the alternative is possible death, the effects of a drug can't be a whole lot worse. They spoke of this days back. I am glad they are going to give it a chance.
I'm not too happy about it
the wife is actually on that drug for an actual condition she has had for years
you think we can get her prescriptions filled now?

That is not good in that case, but there are millions out there suffering from the various results of this outbreak. I'm not playing her case down any more than any other, but there are thousands if not 10's of thousands that may be able to use it as well. Time will tell. I'm sure if it works, production will increase to meet demand.

Corona-virus is also an actual condition.

Last edited:
I watched a town hall and Dr. Fauci was asked by a person who could no longer fill his lupus prescription what he should do. The doctor evaded the question.

Last edited:
Is the validity a proven point right now? Won't that require time to be validated?
I don't understand why you are arguing anything. People are dying and the medical field is struggling to battle the cause. I would think that with your wife being a nurse, if I recall correctly, you would be more than supportive of ANY possible help out there.
Forgive my ignorance if your wife will die without the drug. I do not know the root of the issue.

I truly believe soon Doctors will be choosing who lives and dies do to other circumstances involved. Such as a shortage of ventilators etc.

Is the validity a proven point right now? Won't that require time to be validated?
I don't understand why you are arguing anything. People are dying and the medical field is struggling to battle the cause. I would think that with your wife being a nurse, if I recall correctly, you would be more than supportive of ANY possible help out there.
Forgive my ignorance if your wife will die without the drug. I do not know the root of the issue.

I truly believe soon Doctors will be choosing who lives and dies do to other circumstances involved. Such as a shortage of ventilators etc.
no, my point is, I think a lot of the Plaquenil is going to the same place as much of the toilet paper...hoarders who dont need it
I (and the wife) have no problem with drugs going to those who NEED it
if it is prescribed by an actual physician for an actual illness

it seems to me, a lot of the recent prescriptions for it were written by family friends "just in case" (or, as I heard one doctor refer to it as "something to have in the back pocket")

my wife wont die if she runs out, but it will definitely make her life less comfortable and in fact a lot more complicated

doctors may end up making those decisions, but they are trained to do so (ill try not to get on the rant about nurses and other support staff speaking out of turn on this subject) in fact, i think that is the definition of triage and it is nothing new
consider the way a waiting list for organ donors works...they look at where the organ will do the most good, smokers will be on the bottom of the list

however, now those choices will not be made by doctors assessing the situation and looking at each individual patient, now this drug will be dispersed by pharmacist who are simply filling orders

i guess my main gripe is basically people speaking out of turn, making decisions that is above their pay grade
im sure you heard me disagree with a lot of the orders coming down the pipeline, but you will also notice that i am abiding by those orders, because they were made above my paygrade

A response to a pandemic must look like an over-reaction. While I have long disliked the culture-of-fear marketing that is used as a sales tactic for decades, if they under-react and get it wrong, we'll go the way Italy has.

-
Back