Visit with us at the Nat's!

-

HemiDenny

HDK Suspension
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Stop on by at the Mopar Nat's!

Hemi Denny, HemiMark, DusterDave et al would like to invite you to stop

by our encampment in the middle of the judged show field at the Nat's........

Our blue canopy will be up so bring your best Mopar and bench racin' stories.

We shouldn't be hard to find.......just look for HemiMark's orange Duster.

The best cruisin' will be at Heath, Ohio on Saturday night............

As usual, the big motor A-body talk wil be a flyin' around.........
gathering.gif

i'll try to find you guys as i will be heading up there for my first time at the nats. look forward to seeing you guys!

Denny, Don't know when i am going to be there yet, but I will definitely look for you guys.

340dartswinger: Dude you live next town to me. I am in North Canton. When are you heading down?

...Steve

I sent in my registration. I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

I guess I'll be happy if I get to do a burnout on Brice Road....... :burnout:

the house is secured and we should again, have a great time. I think we should meet thursday night...... call me...... we will talk about the details..

Mark

megatron we will be heading down that sat morning i believe-do you ever go to the cruise in at the Arby's/Dairy Queen?

340dartswinger said:
Do you ever go to the cruise in at the Arby's/Dairy Queen?
I never heard of that one.......what town?

I'll be there with my '69 B'Cuda in the Young Guns field!! I'll try to come find you guys either Friday or Saturday, whenever I can get away from the judging and the CLEANING and DETAILING... ugh!! The 6 hour drive from Chicago is going to make her soooo dirty..... :cry:

lemonboy69 said:
I'll be there with my '69 B'Cuda in the Young Guns field!! I'll try to come find you guys either Friday or Saturday, whenever I can get away from the judging and the CLEANING and DETAILING... ugh!! The 6 hour drive from Chicago is going to make her soooo dirty..... :cry:

I entered my 66 Formula "S" in the original/street class. I guess there's a first time for everything. Mine will hopefully be taken there on a trailer. It is no "trailer queen." I just don't want to drive it that much. I haven't received my packet yet, but I did see where they have cashed my check.

My Wife And I Are Leaving Today, Cant What!!!!!!!!

Nat's.......Heath.......Comments?...............

went to brice rd...was good until cops shut all the lanes down except for 2. then car started overheating and had to go home. will go to heath next year. but NAts were soo much fun!

Nats were good,weather was better than last year,the kid directing parking didn't have a clue as to what he was doing, got to watch more racing this year instead of looking through swap meet, even though I did wonder around it when things got slow, car corral had some interesting buys, Had a great time this year, Heath was Awsome! had a hard time getting used to doing a burnout next to a Cop, but I got over it,

Heath was happinin'............. :headbang:

Friday Night...............Went to Heath......not completely crowded.......(yet.....but..... see Saturday below!). went back to the house in Newark (only about 4 miles from the Heath cruising action) and grilled giant steaks (unbelievable!). At midnight we were cooling off in the A/C with some tall cold ones and viewing a video of The Hollywood Nights. Hemi-Mark's sister is in the movie and he called her in California and was talking to her on the phone while we checked her out on screen. She is the car hop that flags off the drag race between Simpsons "rail job" (blown T-bucket) and the "Almond eyes guys" 427 Cobra............Pretty surreal!............

Saturday..................... A great day at the Nats............many friends stopped by........... Matt Delany from Shreveport (under contract now to Mopar to build their show cars) stopped over late in the afternoon with a couple of his guys and ended up staying for over 2 hours after they sampled Hemi-Mark's grilled chicken breasts and plenty of Labatt Blue..............they had to throw us all out of the show field at almost 8:00 pm..........

Matt talked me into considering a new-style 392 or 426 Hemi for the Duster under construction instead of the classic 426 style (we met this morning to go over to Indy Cylinder Head to check them out........426 new style with fuel injection........plug it in and drive.......565 HP.......Yikes!)........I've got some great video of Matt and I with our heads under the front of Mark's 528 Hemi Duster as a very animated discussion on front suspension geometry ensued.........

One of the cars Matt brought this year is the Challenger convertible (with a new-style 392 Hemi) in the Mopar Performance display. He said he just had his 30th magazine feature and another one was being shot while we talked. He sent some of his guys to handle it as the food and conversation was too good to miss..........

Saturday Night.................Got to Heath (finally) about 9:00 PM with 4 cars (528 '71 Hemi Duster 5-spd, 446 Wedge '72 Duster auto, 392 6-pack small-block stroker 4- spd '71 Duster and '72 Demon 340 auto).

and......HOLY MOTHER OF BURNOUTS!!! ..... :burnout:

The Mayor of Heath reportedly told the Chief of Police that on Saturday there would be a "hands off" policy instituted and said........."Let them have their fun"...............he left it up to individual officers to exercise their discretion if something got dangerous or too far out of hand but virtually nobody got stopped..........There were some horrendous burnouts that obscured all vision as the benevolent patrolmen sat laughing in their cruisers right behind or next to the perpetrators! This went on for so long that it outlasted us! (old farts). We left at about 11:00 pm as we were exhausted. There were thousands of people there (better than Brice Road in the old days?) and if it never happens again, this night will forever be the stuff of legend. There were garden hoses wetting the street from the curb and all the parking lots were full.

BTW, if you think this was tame stuff.........I saw several driveshafts dropped and tires blown. Various vehicles were pushed to the side of the road as the constabulary looked on. Somebody else that was there had better chime in because nobody will believe me! I'd love to see some pictures
of a mile or two of that pavement today!!!

I say we support the businesses in Heath to show our appreciation next year.....fill those restuarants boys!

-
Back