voltmeter hook up?

-

dart67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have an autometer voltmeter and it say's to run a ground wire to engine ground,another wire to a 12v source.My question is on the guage there's an s shouldn't there be a wire from the s to somewhere? where?
Thanks
Mike

The S is for sender which is not used for the voltmeter. I have the same guage although I haven't installed it yet but the instruction seem clear. They must use the same back housing for all guages.

Thanks,I hooked it up the way the instructions said but it didn't work so I'll try again
Mike

If it comes down to it you can always contact Auto Meter Technical @815-899-0801
But I am sure you will get it working

The positive to the gauge is the sender for a volt gauge. On the back of the gauge.

Switched 12v
Ground

are the only wires needed to it.

When I hook up the power lead and start it nothing happens so I hooked up to another power source and the meter moves before the car starts what am I doing wrong?ground is connected to intake manifold
Thanks
Mike

I would imagine the "s" terminal is for a ''switched" circuit from the fuse box.(something that is switched on and off with the key) That way your meter isn't on all the time. Mike

Is your hot wire hot in the 'run' position? Volt gauge is the easiest of the bunch to wire. Ground. 12volts when the key is in the run position. Sender terminal is NOT used.

All my autometers work just fine, volt gauge is wired with two wires like mentioned..

100_0661.jpg

-
Back